Sponsored by: DP Tuner

4R100 Trans.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Warhippie
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4R100 Trans.

Hey guys I havent been onhere in a while but heres my problem. The reverse gear was slipping so I decided to do a rebuild this past long weekend. I replaced all the clutches frictions and steels. After putting it back in and filling up with fluid it is still slipping in reverse. After it warms up it doesn't want to engage at all. It pulls just fine in drive though. I climbed under it and the convertor was exceptionally hot. and I noticed a slight wine coming from it while it was running. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you replace the tc?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Warhippie
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I didn't replace the tc as it wasn't here yet, I suspect it had a hand in the who problem so I had ordered a 3 clutch stage 4 convertor that will be going in once I rebuild the trans. again. I tore into it today and found the #5 thrust bearing had completely come apart and took out the center support aswell as the roller bearing (The ***** were all there but the cage was gone) inside the center support hub. I didn't replace them the first go around but this time all bearings will be replaced. My attempt to a low buck rebuild went alittle south but still cheaper than having it done. Everything else that I install checkout great.