Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Need some help

Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 AM
96F150EddieBauer
New User
96F150EddieBauer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need some help

I've been here a few times seeking help, and have always gotten very good information. I tried logging into my account i used about a year or so ago and no such luck, image verification would not work.

Any rate, i have a 1996 F-150, 4.9L, 5 speed, eddie bauer package. I was driving to work last week when my entire exhaust fell off, ripping the bottom of my 02 sensor off, leaving the wires exposed. I thought it had simply ripped it out of the other end of the sensor. Was suppose to be worked on the following weekend. My exhaust guy flaked out of me.

So about midway through last week i was driving and my battery gauge started going crazy and my battery light came on and the truck stalled out. I pulled over to the side of the road and got out and checked my battery connection, everything was tight. So i tried starting the truck, it will crank over but not fire. I sprayed some ether in the intake and it fired. So my problem now is i am not getting any fuel, Will crank but i dont hear the fuel pumps even coming on.

I checked all my fuses and relays under the hood, they all are fine. Also checked the inertia switch, just in case. It was fine. So as uncommon as a problem as this is, im just looking for ideas in what i can check, going to check tommrow to see if my fuel pump is getting any power. Then go from there. So if anyone has any ideas of what i can check, it is very much appreciated.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:58 AM
jplinville
Posting Guru
jplinville has a very good reputation on FTE.jplinville has a very good reputation on FTE.jplinville has a very good reputation on FTE.jplinville has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dumb question, but could the tank or line have a hole in them leaking out? Just a thought...

Old 11-28-2009, 06:32 AM
subford
Post Fiend
subford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud of
Sounds like your Red #361 wire is dead.
I would recheck Fuse #9 it is a 20 amp fuse in your engine compartment fuse box.
If not that check to see if the PCM Power Relay is making (clicks) when you turn on the key.
You can check the red wire to see if it is hot with the key on at any fuel injector.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:38 AM
96F150EddieBauer
New User
96F150EddieBauer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the replies. I think i am going to stop at the parts store on my way today. And pick up two relays and two 20 amp fuses. Just replace them to make sure they are good. I will also check my Red #361 wire, thank you.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 AM
subford
Post Fiend
subford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud of
Note Fuse #9 might be 30 amps.The location of fuse #9:

PCM POWER RELAY:

FUEL PUMP RELAY:

/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.