Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Steering Wheel Shaft

Old 11-22-2009, 09:26 PM
martyf150
New User
martyf150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Steering Wheel Shaft

Steering wheel shaft has something broken on the inside you can move steering wheel up and down feels like some kind of mount or bracket broke on the inside of the shaft any idea as to what it could be.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 PM
jetedwards
Senior User
jetedwards is starting off with a positive reputation.
dude i had my truck now for 1.5 yrs with this prob it gets worse and worse ull break these little gold colored rings that allow the wheel to turn smooth ull also break the wires for horn etc and losee the automatic blinker shut off function after turning and your steering wheel will finally break off when ur in a busy dunkinn donuts drive thru. grab a used one at the j yard i just did the other week for 100. i f u drive around with kids its not gonna b safe a some point. i didnt know i was in any danger of it actually breaking off even tho thats the first thing passengers would say it sounded like sorry for long post

Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
jetedwards
Senior User
jetedwards is starting off with a positive reputation.
also the ring is probably not broken its just mangled right arounfd the steering column so it wont fall out till its totally ripped

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.