Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

11/04/02 Rain Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11/04/02 Rain Day

Since the rain started in College station about midnight, we saw rain clear up until 9pm last night at a steady rate. The airport (Easterwood) claimes almost 8 inches. Although I didn't see any major flooding in our little town, there were some small creeks that overflowed and cause some road closures.
Anyone get flooded in? How much rain did you get?

Old 11-05-2002, 05:50 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

11/04/02 Rain Day

Well, it rained (or sprinkled I guess), up here in Levelland for almost two weeks straight. Don't know how much we allegedly got but I know that I got tired of having to drive with the wipers on for a stupid mist. We haven't had our first hard freeze yet but they're saying it might drop below 32 sometime tonight for about an hour. They have a contest about this every year. I need to relocate let me tell ya. I'm sooooo tired of this area!

Thanx!
Connie (only Ford luvr in the family!)

'79 f100 "Silver Ghost" (my baby)
'83 f100 "The Ford" (my first)
'85 f150 "Old Blue" (my next project)

Old 11-05-2002, 08:50 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
11/04/02 Rain Day

We saw the sun today in the northeast panhandle, but, it froze pretty hard the other night. 23 degrees. The leaves are falling off the trees, etc. Had a good rain, about 2 inches, over the last week. We really needed it but I was glad it stopped. The car washes are busy. We had a car show last weekend. I was one of the organizers. The streets were covered with about an inch of slop friday when the show started so we took covered car trailers and rounded up about 20 cars for the show. There were about 30 more brought in by saturday morning. Some came from Amarillo and Guymon-Hooker, Oklahoma. Had a good show. We usually have about 80-100 cars so the numbers were down, but with the weather being bad, I felt good about it. It was a benefit show. We raised about 2 grand. We needed more trucks. There were only 4 there. A 45 1/2 ton with a blown Chxxy, a new Doxxx, and 2 of my pickups. Overall, it was good.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:09 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11/04/02 Rain Day

Same story here. Solid rain for about 2 weeks till yesterday. It's cleared up now. Sunny and cool, should be like this through the weekend.

Connie, common down to the Hill Country. Purdiest place in Texas!!!

Old 11-06-2002, 06:05 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

11/04/02 Rain Day

I think I could stand the hill country so long as I'm not inside a HUGE city. I'm a country girl. I like the peace and quiet and being able to run around my house (as I please) without the neighbors lookin' in my window. OOPS...didn't mean to say that out loud.

What part of the hill country are you in?

I need a harder job. Something that requires no brains and will keep my muscles from getting all wussy. I'm going home this weekend to work on my truck some if I can get my dad to leave it at home. (he hates ford but loves driving my truck so much, he leaves his at home....go figure)

Thanx!

Old 11-06-2002, 09:15 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
11/04/02 Rain Day

I'm about 7 miles outside of Harper, about 30 miles west of Fredricksburg and about 30 miles northish of Kerrville. I know how ya feel bout needing space. I just put a double wide on my lil 5 acre lot. A little farther west is Rock Springs, someday I'll ge me a hundred acres or two out that way. Run some cattle, some horses, and who knows what else Land aint that much out that way!

Grew up on a ranch and cant get it out of my blood, not that I'd want to. I lived by Austin for a while and couldnt stand it any more. If you've ever spent any time down there you'd know what I mean.:-X23

Old 11-07-2002, 08:16 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

11/04/02 Rain Day

I've been to Austin with the band in HS. I nerely moved there to get a job at Dell when I was a studying to be a computer programmer.

I grew up on a little 5 acre place but I've always wanted my own big place. My horses are still at my parents place for right now cuz I'm living 30 miles away, in town, with my grandmother so I could go to college, which I'm no longer doing. I would move back with my parents if my grandmother didn't need the help and I could stand my dad for more than five minutes without a serious argument breaking out but that's all beside the point. My grandmother's got her 60 year old son to help her now though so I'm kinda trying to figure things out.

My baby sister just moved to Pheonix this summer and Mom said she doesn't ever want to go back there again! She said it's too big for her. I work in Lubbock and it's too big for my taste. I'd go nuts living there. Levelland, where I am now, is only about 11,000 people and I wish I wasn't here. I grew up in a trailer park with about 50 houses spread out pretty good and that was tolerable as long as I had my horses. Tried rodeo for a while but when I blew my knee (not a related injury) I had to stop and then I moved away and couldn't take my baby's with me.

I mainly want to relocate to get away from anything that I already know. I can't even go to a pool hall here that I've never been to without knowing people there. It's all becoming routine. Guess I'm falling into the want to get away on my own kinda thing. (I kinda sound like a country song with that one.) I had my own apartment for a while and I loved every minute of it. When I wasn't working on my 85 or doing homework, I was working on my music which I miss very much. I guess you gotta live, learn, and give up some of the things you love to make it in the world huh... Man, I feel old now.

Thanx!

Old 11-08-2002, 03:48 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
11/04/02 Rain Day