Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my truck went swimming..******* move

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 PM
alabamabuddog
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I was trying to figure out OWI also. The O isnt even near the D.

I wouldnt be afraid of the truck. I'll give you 50 bucks as is with no questions ask.

I have dont the same stupid stuff! But not advising it to anyone.

A few quick oil changes will get the engine done if not completely messed up already.

The tranny I would also drop the pan and chage the filter and fluid. Then change them again in a couple of days or a week. Carpet and pad are easy to swap if it smells. hell by now it might need new carpet anyway.

I do not suggest that anyone drive under the influence.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whats a OWI cause we have DUI and DWI around here.

and it is darwin's law of evolution or shortened to darwin's law.

not darwins law of evolution.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
91nitemonster
Junior User
Originally Posted by alabamabuddog
Well I was trying to figure out OWI also. The O isnt even near the D.

I wouldnt be afraid of the truck. I'll give you 50 bucks as is with no questions ask.

I have dont the same stupid stuff! But not advising it to anyone.

A few quick oil changes will get the engine done if not completely messed up already.

The tranny I would also drop the pan and chage the filter and fluid. Then change them again in a couple of days or a week. Carpet and pad are easy to swap if it smells. hell by now it might need new carpet anyway.

I do not suggest that anyone drive under the influence.

lol...50 bucks wouldnt cover the gas i put in it friday....and ill take my chances with it.....the motor has bout 3000 in it and only has bout 400 miles on it....as for the carpet ya it needed changed anyway....thanks for the support though

Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regardless whether or not everyone has done it in their life, drinking and driving is stupid, dangerous, and illegal. Bragging about it is pathetic.

Boredom is not an excuse.

And good luck with asking people not to judge. People looking the other way precisely why this sort of behavior still happens. Maybe you should have poured that $3000 into an education instead of your motor.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Blue Rebel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OWI = Operating while intoxicated. its what they give you when your above the legal limit, and driving something or somewhere that DWI doesnt apply. (ie driving a lawn mower down the sidewalk while hammered, riding a bike down the bike path drunk)

Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Ya know, I don't care if its DWI, DUI, OWI or whatever - - whomever is proud of driving under any of these senerio's is a zero in my book. I do a lot of offroading and even us 4x4'rs aren't that stupid. Can't say I (we) have never drunk & driven, but can say that I damned sure wouldn't admit it. Its definately not a badge of honor, more like "what a dumb ***" "Who'd in their right mind would admit to this".

Hey 91, check out the Offroad forum. If you want to play, do it in mud.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
txmnjim
Junior User
Originally Posted by quicklook2
whats a OWI cause we have DUI and DWI around here.

hey quicklook, do you realize this is a Ford Truck forum and not a
Proper English Usage one?
Ok, ok people 91nite is just a young person that uses questionable
judgement at times. No need to crucify him. We've all done things
that weren't well thought out.
Btw, 91nite I had a good friend drown in a flood two years ago when
the vehicle he was driving went off in a flooded creek (and unfortunately,
he was under the influence as well;-( so watch yourself!
peace,
jim

Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
SleeprLegend
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by quicklook2

Isn't it a Theory of Evolution?

I can't say much. We keep an old Willis at the farm just for raising hell. Many times we would bust out on 4 wheelers after drinking. It was not smart, but we never left our private property. We are also required to carry 2 way radios at the farm, and some one is always back at base.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 AM
BigSix1
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 91nitemonster
lol....ya drinking and driving not a good thing but i live in central illinois in a town thats surrounded by corn fields and country roads.....beer pong and bar hopping only keeps us entertained for so long
so we do the occasional roadtrip....
Just throwin' this out there, but, if you're bored: how about READING A BOOK? Possibly on 4-wheelin' and fordings/water crossings?

Have you thought much about this scenario? Say the floodwaters had rolled your truck, your buddy hit his head (underwater), and you were too drunk to be a hero and rescue him? Your attempt to minimize the danger of what you did by citing the fact that others may drink and drive (successfully) does not excuse what you did, which was to:

...drink and sink.

Those who don't learn from History are destined to repeat it.

The choice is yours alone, but it potentially affects any of us having the misfortune to drive in your zip code. So, you should probably expect a few more "opions" (sic) on illegal drinking and driving.

Friendly Advice:

Originally Posted by 91nitemonster
my buddy is the one who directed me down the road that had flooded out....
Regarding your obvious attempt to pin the route decision on your friend aside, (above) please remember this:

Don't listen to drunken "buddies" when they try to tell you to drive YOUR truck through a flood--especially when you're both drunk....

Big Six

Old 11-04-2009, 10:06 AM
91nitemonster
Junior User
Originally Posted by txmnjim
hey quicklook, do you realize this is a Ford Truck forum and not a
Proper English Usage one?
Ok, ok people 91nite is just a young person that uses questionable
judgement at times. No need to crucify him. We've all done things
that weren't well thought out.
Btw, 91nite I had a good friend drown in a flood two years ago when
the vehicle he was driving went off in a flooded creek (and unfortunately,
he was under the influence as well;-( so watch yourself!
peace,
jim
thank u jim...sorry bout your buddy....i think theres a few things i need to clear up here.....first being that i was not drunk or close to being drunk...i dont get drunk enough to be leagally intoxicated....like i said if im driving i drink less than the amount that would get me to the legal limit....i start my night with a little roadtrip and only drink 4 or 5 and by that time im already back at someone's or my own home or on the way there.... the roads we drive on are practically closed and its about a 15 mile route...we use this route evverytime we do drink and drive, and hardly ever see anyone on these roads....if we do there wither fellow trippers or offroaders not to mention the speed we drive at is very slow 30mph max..now im not saying in all this thats drinking and driving is a smart thing nor do i suggest it, its just what we were doing at the time....and i wasnt bragging about it...i was just simply telling my story of stupidity.
as for the water its not what i intended on happening....if i was in just a normal 4x4 i wouldnt have even got the tires in it, but me being new to the 4x4 scene and haveing a lifted truck i thought id give it a try....my truck only has a six inch lift with 35x12.50's and the water came up to the doors when i used my "undrunk" judgement and decided not to continue...its the way that i backed out of it that got me introuble and the ditch i went into added about another foot of water on my side...so total i would say the water was bout 3.5 ft deep....actually my passenger side tires had bout 4 inches of the top sticking out....so it wasnt that bad of water where we finally stop at....again i dont suggest driving through flood water... its dangerous
now yes i am only 23 and am still young....ive gotta alot of years of learning ahead of me and am only getn wiser as i go....this was a learning experience for me and something ill never do again....ive had almost a week to reflect on it and believe me i know how stupid it was....it wasnt the beer in me that had an effect on why i did it.... it was me not knowing my trucks limits....but now i do and it goes like this "muds alright but waters a bad night".
thank u to those who understand and to the ones that dont well hey nobodys perfect no matter how hard u try....im putting this in the story to tell my son when he gets old enough to understand pile....in hopes that he wont be as stubborn as i am and wont ever try it...
and again the only reason i told my story was because this is a learning and information forum...i thought for those who are new or have never done and ever have the chance to try it, that this would give them all the info they needed not to attempt it or to atleast remember this and what happened to me before they made that choice

Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BigSix1
Just throwin' this out there, but, if you're bored: how about READING A BOOK? Possibly on 4-wheelin' and fordings/water crossings?

Those who don't learn from History are destined to repeat it.

exactly my thoughts.

new special quote for today:

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-04-2009, 10:22 AM
91nitemonster
Junior User
qicklook2 stay outta my post.....go talk s*** on someone elses misfortune....actually go figure out why it is your even here....u dont list your truck nor talk about it and i havent really looked but who knows if u have even helped someone with a question rather than talk smack

Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Okay guys, time to settle down.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:51 AM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
again, not lowering myself to swearing and name calling like you have been doing throughout this thread.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
dougf2504x4
Junior User
wow is all i gotta say 1 im 23 and already had 2 dui's and a driving record longer than i care 2 say for and somehow still have my license. 2 i live in illinois and i thought just bc i was in the boonies i could romp around and do what i want when i wanted lol not the case. 3 ive lost 4 friends in the last 3.5 months bc of drinking and driving. 4 i cant beleive u are stupid enough 2 brag about gettin your truck stuck and while drinking 2 so dont go knockin ppl who have done stupid things bc im 1 of the biggest offenders. ppl are going 2 do what they want 2 do when they want 2 do it so best of luck 2 ur truck and stupid 23year old self i hope u live and learn from your mistakes bc i certainly have hence why i dont drink anymore 11 months since the last drink and damn proud of it

Quick Reply: my truck went swimming..******* move