Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please

so i've been toying with the idea of selling my 91 f-150 and getting a newer one maybe about 95 4x4. i've run into a bunch that i liked but the sititution and money wasn't right. well i've been offered a chance to buy a truck from my friend problem is that it's a chevy, it's a 98 z71 4x4 with a new 350 extended cab and 6 foot bed and this that kinda teal green color for 4500. i really need a new truck but it goes against all of my being, but my friend has basiclly the same truck and i do like it but ewwwwwww chevy. haha sorry for this but i had to put it out there and see what yall say maybe talk me outta it knock some sense back into my head, haha

Kyle

Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
I probably wouldn't get it, however if it has been well maintained and is clean, it would probably be a good truck.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:12 AM
DBGrif91
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Obviously being FOR a chevy on this forum isn't the best idea. With that in mind, I used to be all about chevy as the first truck I ever owned was a chevy; but that was a 1975, so obviously that makes a difference in this situation just for the technology involved. Now I'm very happy with my 91 F150, but I'm going to try to be a bit objective here, because any truck is a good truck as long as you take care of it.

My father currently owns a 95 chevy work truck. It's only 2wd, but for the going on 4 years he's owned it, it's been a good truck to him. No major mechanical problems with over 160k on it. But he takes care of it- he doesn't drive like a bat out of hell, he keeps up on the maintenance and he fixes problems before they become real problems.

Now I can't delve into the specific details about the differences in ford vs. chevy engineering, but like I said, any truck is a good truck as long as it's taken care of. Although I'm sure plenty of people here will find reasons to argue that point.

However, you sound like you don't really want the truck anyway. So why not just hold on to your F150 for a while longer until you find the right truck for the right price. That's why I bought my F150- and so far it's worked out well.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

haha ok i just lost my head there for a min. yeah i think i will keep my truck untill i find what i want. i made the mistake of getting what was there instead of waiting on what i want the first time. thanks yall two like i said just needed someone to knock some sense back into the head. haha

Kyle

Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
798hand
Freshman User
What's wrong with the 91 that u have

Old 11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

Mainly it's not what i want, it's 2wd and there's just so many little problems that i can't keep up with. it was my dads truck for 17years and he rode it hard till the day i got it, and i don't ride it as hard as him but it's finally showing the wear and tear. when he bought it brand new there was something wrong with it my dad swears up and down to this day that it was wrecked in the front end but could never prove it. and being in college and a full time job to pay for it, putting money into keeping the truck up and running is getting to be too much, i know that im gonna have to put money in a newer truck too but i planned to get newer so it has less wear and wont break as often.

That or i just sound like a spoiled brat who just wants a newer truck.
Kyle

Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
only one problem

Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM
DBGrif91
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by truckrider814
Mainly it's not what i want, it's 2wd and there's just so many little problems that i can't keep up with. it was my dads truck for 17years and he rode it hard till the day i got it, and i don't ride it as hard as him but it's finally showing the wear and tear. when he bought it brand new there was something wrong with it my dad swears up and down to this day that it was wrecked in the front end but could never prove it. and being in college and a full time job to pay for it, putting money into keeping the truck up and running is getting to be too much, i know that im gonna have to put money in a newer truck too but i planned to get newer so it has less wear and wont break as often.

That or i just sound like a spoiled brat who just wants a newer truck.
Kyle
The truck was brand new... or it was just new to him? That statement doesn't make sense.

And it's funny how those things work. A truck is used to being driven one way and then someone drives it different and the problems start showing up.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:30 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

yeah the truck was bought brand new by him but you know how dealers drive the vehicles on their lot that's the only situation i can think of that it might of been wrecked. I was kinda forced into buying the truck from my dad, i love the truck to death, but it wasn't what i wanted. And yeah my dad will drive the truck and say it drives just the same and works fine, only thing he complains about is that the butt impression isn't of his a$$ anymore, and that i have a sub in the back.

Kyle