Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Topic but need more help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I just want to say good luck. I'm pretty much in agreement with everybody else, think you're just going to make the lawyer richer & not get anything out of it. Think they may try to pull the technicality of " known " out. If you can prove he knew when he sold it to you, then yeah, maybe. If I remember what I read right, your paperwork says " none known ". He can say he didn't know till you told him. One thing, I've heard a lot of dealers around here say " comes with a complete Carfax history ". If he has an ad that says that & you didn't get it, again, yeah, maybe. You might be able to get him for false advertising on that. Regardless of what you decide to do, good luck.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all. Well I may have some ground breaking news. I did some research on some different auction market places throughout New England trying to track down if my car was purchased thru them by this dealer. All of the auction managers were willing to reveal to me if the car was ever on there lot accept one, and he did not want to tell me if it was. I think this because he must have found my car when I gave him the VIN, and it must have showed details of the dealer purchasing many cars thru him, hence he probably didnt want to rat out his customer...However this man said that all their vehicle less than 10 years old came with auto check history reports and that those are presented to dealers that come to buy at auctions...So this may be a big deal if in fact I can clarify for starters if the car was purchased there, and 2: if the auto check shows the same reported car accidents as CarFax did.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
breisr
Senior User
good luck! i just dunno!

Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM
gpedens
Senior User
350baby, best of luck. but I still dont see how being wrecked and then repaired correctly makes the car worth less. If it is in excellent condition with no dints and dings, no rust, etc. As much snow and ice as there is in Maine and Mass i would think it would be impossible to find a used car up there that hasnt been in a fender bender. My yankee buddy hit 4 deer about 3 winters ago. When the repair shop fixed it it looked just like it came out of the show room. But he insists on factory parts no bondo. Another car of his was rear ended in a 40 mph crash. He had just bought the car new and only had about 5k on it. The shop had to cut the rear off the car and weld back. It too looked like new when finished. He said it drove just like new too.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:46 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gpedens
350baby, best of luck. but I still dont see how being wrecked and then repaired correctly makes the car worth less. If it is in excellent condition with no dints and dings, no rust, etc. As much snow and ice as there is in Maine and Mass i would think it would be impossible to find a used car up there that hasnt been in a fender bender. My yankee buddy hit 4 deer about 3 winters ago. When the repair shop fixed it it looked just like it came out of the show room. But he insists on factory parts no bondo. Another car of his was rear ended in a 40 mph crash. He had just bought the car new and only had about 5k on it. The shop had to cut the rear off the car and weld back. It too looked like new when finished. He said it drove just like new too.
It does make a difference though because its the difference between paying the same out for a vehicle that has never been damaged, to a vehicle that has been damaged. Its a matter of principal. Its defrauding customers to charge them full value of a car when there isnt a genuine history. Its plain and simple to me. I also think car accidents show buyers a story of previous ownership treatment. If a car gets into 3 accidents, it tells you a story of what type of drivers were using the car, and what types of environments it was being used in. The two car accidents were reported in St. Louis Missouri, the deer in New York...So it probably wasnt some run of the mill rural fenderr bender but a couple of nasty collisions.