Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2000 Excursion - shuts off

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,895 Likes on 1,145 Posts
2000 Excursion - shuts off

This happened a couple times right after we got it - truck shuts off like ya turn off the ignition, no SES, no codes and it always restarts right away. So after 2nd time, I had wifey go to dealer for CPS recall. Several months and prolly 30k miles (yeah, the girl puts on the miles) later its doing it again...

No SES, no codes, fuel pressure is constant, in fact all other gauges (factory + 8 more ) read normal before and after events.

Since she drives 'over the mountain' every day, this problem could easily be disasterous - no brakes, no steering and cliffs!

What should I do next? Will Ford give me another CPS? I'm happy to spend the $15 to buy another one if that could be the issue. Seems like I've read where some people went thru more than one before getting one that works?? (I do have an active imagination though...)

In case you were wondering, her VO pump is currently out for upgrade/repair so most recently this is totally on diesel. The only mod to the factory fuel system is the addition of CV's to the stock fuel lines at the heads. Truck has been 40k miles now since V3 system install without a single other issue!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There have been some people that went through more than 1 CPS. I would get another, change it out, then if that is not the problem, you will have a spare.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:10 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where in N Georgia, I have AE and I am in Chattanooga. It would give me something to do while the wife is at the dog show.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
rbaker6336
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Think I remember he is on other other side of Blairsville from where my house is.If I were up there he could try one of my CPS
I won't be back for about a week

Old 10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Thats only 100 miles away, let me know if you think AE would help.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Oh yeah, I'm happy to give you an excuse to make THAT beautiful drive! Especially right now - the leaves should be kickin' and that drive along the Ocoee is a great one!! I should have a tankfull of B100 for your trouble for ya too.

I can always steal cps out of my dually...

Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
rbaker6336
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Them leaes better start turning soon or they gonna all be on the ground.It should be getting pretty comeing through the gorge on 64

Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
Oh yeah, I'm happy to give you an excuse to make THAT beautiful drive! Especially right now - the leaves should be kickin' and that drive along the Ocoee is a great one!! I should have a tankfull of B100 for your trouble for ya too.

I can always steal cps out of my dually...
I sent you a pm with my number. Hopefully you will get home tomorrow since I am leaving to go back to Mn Saturday morning. I appreciate the offer on the B100 but within the brotherhood there are no "troubles". Keep your B100 and just pay it forward when the time arises. I am just happy to help. Talk to you tomorrow

Old 10-26-2009, 02:34 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Thanks again Tom, but the Mrs. had clinicals on Fri and I actually only saw the Excursion for about 10 min before I had to leave on Sunday...

The leaves are very, very nice around home right now. I had a pretty drive all the way up the Appalachians from home back to Philly. The sunday afternoon 'leaf lookers' had the roads congested all the way to the other side of Asheville...

I too even snapped a couple dozen pics as I made my way over Chunk Gal mountain, etc. The 'loudest' colors were between Blairsville, Hayesville, Dillsboro and then in the higher elevations past Asheville near Mt Mitchell. Fall is nice!