Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need Some Guages....

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
figurhead's set up is nice! I went with the off the shelf version of that from Autometer and put my Isspro Ev2 boost and pyro there. Clay set me up with it. Might have to take it a step further and go 'borrow' figurheads dash set up idea to mount my trans temp gauge.

I like the electronic sender for the boost mounted in Clay's AIH delete plug, and not having to run more air line.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by figurhead
jeff7825, Nice setup. I have that triple pod (to be installed shortly) on the right knee with Trans Temp, Oil P (?), Diff Temp. I forgot about the HPOP. What pressure gauge is that for your HPOP (Oil Pressure guage?) and where did you place the sender?
Thanks. I just tapped the blue (I think) wire on the ICP connector. ITP makes a nice pigtail for tapping into the connector. I don't know how you gauge hooks up, but might be something you could use. ITP HPO Gauge Pigtail
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
figurhead
Senior User
jeff7825, Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

binuya, What gauge setup is that? That is nice & I've never seen it anywhere. The pictures don't really show how that/those bezel pieces are mounted, so I'm not clear how they mount. But I likey!! More gauges in front of the eyes without looking down.

And credit goes to cartmanea for the gauge location, I took the idea from him & must give credit to him.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ts-o-pics.html

I like analog gauges for real readings (my opinion), so, for Boost, I tapped the Banks intake elbow. It took about 15 minutes. The autometer 35psi gauge reads nice all the time. No bouncing or odd readings, like I've heard about from some other gauges.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:34 AM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

binuya, What gauge setup is that? That is nice & I've never seen it anywhere. The pictures don't really show how that/those bezel pieces are mounted, so I'm not clear how they mount. But I likey!! More gauges in front of the eyes without looking down.

It's made by Autometer. It's a one piece unit. Took some minor modifying to make a clean fit. It came with some double sided tape which wasn't enough to hold it in well so I put some automotive trim buttons in (where you put your gauges, as you can see in this pic), and it now holds and fits nicely. Now, if I position additional gauges where you have them, it should make for a really nice set up. Thanks for sharing your set up. That's the first time I've seen it done that way.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
pbr man
Elder User
I have Dipricol Optix and would recommend them to anyone looking for gauges. They match the factory instrument cluster perfectly, and in 3 years I haven't had one problem with them.

I have them mounted like binuya shows in his picture above. They are out of the way but still easy to read through the steering wheel.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM
figurhead
Senior User
Originally Posted by binuya
It's made by Autometer.
Where did you buy it? I have never seen it, or anything like it on any website, and I would like to check it out before I install the other six gauges. I really like the setup. The way yours mounts, is very similar to the way my steering column pod mounts. An overlay stuck with double sided spongy tape.

Actually, now that I look at it, my bezel is different (2003 6.0L) than yours. Mine goes from the AC vent on the left, over to the radio. I know I'm in the wrong group, but good ideas are everywhere. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:13 AM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by figurhead
Where did you buy it? I have never seen it, or anything like it on any website, and I would like to check it out before I install the other six gauges. I really like the setup. The way yours mounts, is very similar to the way my steering column pod mounts. An overlay stuck with double sided spongy tape.

Actually, now that I look at it, my bezel is different (2003 6.0L) than yours. Mine goes from the AC vent on the left, over to the radio. I know I'm in the wrong group, but good ideas are everywhere. Thanks for the help.
Hmm. I just looked at your pic again and it sure seems like your dash configuration is the same. Anyway, Clay at Riffraff got it for me.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:12 PM
figurhead
Senior User
Now I see. The black pod bezel is an added overlay, thus the black to brown bezel color difference. I'll get a hold of him. Thanks again.

ONE MORE QUESTION: How did you run the gauge cables between the dash bezel and the instrument panel?