Sponsored by: DP Tuner

NEED HELP...Bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 PM
65stinger
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP...Bad vibration

Very strange thing going on here. I can be driving down the road and all the sudden I get a bad vibration coming from the passenger front side. Everything in the truck starts vibrating. This will go forever until I stop shut down the motor. Later go back drive again and its fine. Me guessing here, it feels like the front right axle suddenly locks in by itself. My truck is a 01 4x4 F250 crew. I have no clue what to do here. Also when I go to brake it will pull hard to the right during this time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm talking so bad it feels like I'm going to break a wheel off.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE.

I don't think your hubs are locking up as you drive. You can lock the hub on one side and never know its locked by driving around. Heck, you can lock both hubs, and as longe as the transfer case is not locked, you wouldn't feel anything different.

Have you jacked up the passenger side off the ground to see if there is any play in the ball joints?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
camodown
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe a bad caliper and a bad auto hub trying to lock itself or a bad wheel bearing are the only additional things that come to mind...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:13 PM
65stinger
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caleb90 describes my problem to a teige here was his issue and fix....what do ya'll think?

Well it all started today,i was driving through town took a right hand turn.and when i straitend the wheels out,itfelt like they were shaking back and forth,so i sped up to see if it stoped and it made it worse.I came to a stop sign took off and it wasnt doing it.got on the high way running about 65mph and all of a sudden took off to the left and started shaking and going all over the road again and a little while later it stoped..i got home jacked up the front driver side tire,i couldnt find any play in the wheel.It spun easy no noises,so i locked the hub and spun it,with the wheel strait it spun easy but with the wheel's turned it binds up and pulls on the other tire.So that sounds like a bad ujoint,i hope its not some thing in the front diff..so it seems like some how the front diver side axel is spining off and on goin down the road..but im not shure because with the hub unlocked every thing is smooth when i spin the tire..What could be cousing this to happen???Its scary when it happens at 65...sorry for thelong post..

His fix:

Well i got her done,culpret was a very badly frozen u joint...When i took the hub off the neadle bearing was in great condition...must be the fozen u joint was puttine a lot of pressure on the hub making it lock till i straiten the tire...but she is all better now..thanks for the help...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->