Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
5xkmw
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I changed out the driver's side in my Lariat last year with a two level kit from heatedseats.com. I drilled out the factor push switch to install the aftermarket rocker swith in. The GREAT thing about the aftermarket switch is I can tell if it is on or off just by feel, unlike the darned factory switch which only has a light (way down on the sid of the seat) to indicate on or off. It gets hot in a hurry, and really feels good to an old man's back.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only used my heated seats a couple times, Does anybody know if these are thermostatically controlled?( Stock setup on a Lariet) Seems like it stays on about long enough to get warm then shuts off by itself, and I have to push the button again to get more heat.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Vinford
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarpicr
Only used my heated seats a couple times, Does anybody know if these are thermostatically controlled?( Stock setup on a Lariet) Seems like it stays on about long enough to get warm then shuts off by itself, and I have to push the button again to get more heat.
Mine does the same thing , but I dont think they stay on long enough........
They are addicting up here in the cold north.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Vinford
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by 5xkmw
I changed out the driver's side in my Lariat last year with a two level kit from heatedseats.com. I drilled out the factor push switch to install the aftermarket rocker swith in. The GREAT thing about the aftermarket switch is I can tell if it is on or off just by feel, unlike the darned factory switch which only has a light (way down on the sid of the seat) to indicate on or off. It gets hot in a hurry, and really feels good to an old man's back.
How much and does it stay on longer than the stock one?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff7825
Mine had white w/ red stripe, red w/ black stripe, and one other I can't recall off the top of my head.
Both red w stripe hot and other ground?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:22 AM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

There not thermostaticaly controlled on my truck. They get hot quick and stay that way untill I shut them off. I would think that you have a wire on it's way out and is breaking connection with the heat build up.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Both red w stripe hot and other ground?

Mine has 3 wires for just the heated part of the seat. I hooked those wires up to key-on hot. I tried to hook up the red/black stripe wire up to constant power like I had read somewhere, but it allowed the seat to be turned on anytime even with the truck off, and I didn't want that. The ground is the black wire in the harness.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Vinford
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by WA.Ranger
There not thermostaticaly controlled on my truck. They get hot quick and stay that way untill I shut them off. I would think that you have a wire on it's way out and is breaking connection with the heat build up.
My passenger seat also shuts off after 15 minutes or so.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff7825
Mine has 3 wires for just the heated part of the seat. I hooked those wires up to key-on hot. I tried to hook up the red/black stripe wire up to constant power like I had read somewhere, but it allowed the seat to be turned on anytime even with the truck off, and I didn't want that. The ground is the black wire in the harness.
Ok thanks. Just to be sure all three are hot correct?

Old 10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Ok thanks. Just to be sure all three are hot correct?
Yes they are.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:52 PM
crocodiledendy
New User
brandon_oma#692,

Got three pages of the 2004 climate controlled seats schematic if that would help. My left seat stays on and will not cut off without pulling the CB. Trying to figure out how to repair it.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 AM
USAF CCM
Elder User
Originally Posted by guitarpicr
The Ford Seat heat stays on for 10 minutes.....whereas our Suburban has two levels and stays on until you shut the heat or motor off. I'm looking to wire an indicator light (blue led) sometime in the future.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Subscribing, my drivers seat hasnt heated for a year or so now, and I never bothered to fix it, but now its getting cold again...

Ive looked a few times awhile ago for a link to show the problem, cause quite frankly Id rather follow someones footsteps on yanking the seat apart, then do it myself right now!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
crocodiledendy
New User
Wiring

From the central junction box a red/black wire connects the heated seat relay. From the heated seat relay a white/red wire connects the seat heater switch. From there a black wire goes to ground and a yellow/light bluewire connects the seat cushion heater. From the seat cushion heater a gray/light blue wire connects the seat back heater. That all comes off the ford schematic for the left seat, 2004. No thermostates indicated.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
billcollector
Freshman User
The light on my switches do not come on. Where is the fuse, and relay for the heated seats? What else might be wrong?

Quick Reply: Heated seats