2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2W7Z-19G364-AA remote start problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 PM
tonyq
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2W7Z-19G364-AA remote start problem

Hi, I purchased my 2004 F150 Supercrew used from a Ford dealer. It came with a 3 button keyfob. After some research I discovered it has the 2W7Z-19G364-AA Remote Start System w/Deluxe Vehicle Security and Keyless Entry Kit installed. I found an install manual and the owners manual for it and everything is there, according to the parts list and seems to be working properly except the remote start. I purchased the 4 button transmitter from Ford and tried to program it according to the instructions but it seemed like the override button is not working. I know it's connected because it will disarm the system. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM
antony25
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the theft light flash when starting via remote? If so the PATS simulator may be faulty or just needs to be programmed.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:00 PM
tonyq
New User
Sorry, I might not have been clear in my explanation. The remote start has never worked. Once I figured out what I had, I purchased the new 4 button transmitter because it appears it was the only thing required to make the remote start work.
The problem I'm having now is programming the transmitter. Here is what I'm doing:
A. Open the driver’s door
B. Turn the ignition key to the ON or RUN position;
C. Press and hold the programming/override button;
After 10 seconds the horn will chirp 3 times, indicating the system is now in the transmitter learn mode.
D. Release the programming/override button;
E. Press transmitter button 1 on the remote control transmitter to be programmed.
The horn will chirp one time to indicate that the transmitter has been learned.

This procedure isn't working for me.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 PM
tonyq
New User
Also, there seems to be a few variations of this procedure. I've tried it with the door open and the door closed. The brake pedal depressed and not depressed.
I'm hoping it's something simple Im doing wrong or have overlooked.
Thanks again.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
eatingdead
Freshman User
Do you have both keys? Most systems like this require both keys programmed. If you do have both keys than you have a faulty control boa separate part usually from manufacture of security system) for the pats system. This is an inexpensive piece and simple to install. You even might want to check to see if the safety switches are hooked up for remote start. All of the above would be a good place to start.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
tonyq
New User
I got it to work by using this sequence for programming the transmitter:
1. Make sure the security system is disarmed and the ignition is off.
2. Open the driver’s door.
3. Turn vehicle ignition on.
4. Press and hold programming/override button under the instrument panel.
After 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three (3) times. This indicates that the unit
has entered the remote control programming mode.
5. Release the programming/override button.
6. Press the lock button on the remote control to be programmed.
The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has <arial size="1"><arial size="1">“<arial size="1"><arial size="1">learned<arial size="1"><arial size="1">” <arial size="1"><arial size="1">that</arial></arial></arial></arial></arial></arial></arial></arial>
remote control.
7. Repeat step 6 for any additional remote controls.
8. Turn the vehicle ignition off to exit the programming mode. Test all remote controls
to ensure that they work properly

I managed to get the remote start working, for one day.

I'm not sure what happened but I went to use the remote start the next morning it wouldn't work. So, I got in the truck to start it and the siren/horn went off as soon as I put in the key. Then, it acted as if the battery was dead. So I boosted it and everything is fine but the remote start doesn't work. When I try it I can hear something happening. It seems to go through some sort of cycle but stops short of turning over and starting.

I have both keys and one new 4 button transmitter. When I programmed the transmitter I used my spare key.

Well, that where I'm at now. I haven't had a chance to research it yet. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
eatingdead
Freshman User
Have you check to see if the safety switch under hood is connected? This is a switch that looks like a big push button and is there for when hood is open truck will not start. If this is not hooked up right than you will have problems with unit.

If battery went dead it is possible that control box lost program...

Old 10-20-2009, 09:57 PM
tonyq
New User
I did look under the hood for a switch but didn't see one. I'll check it out again.
Thanks.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you have the wrong key fobs....i've got that alarm and mine has six button fobs

Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
tonyq
New User
It works now.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Thunderslide
New User
what research did you do? I would like to see if possibly mine is set up for that.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
tonyq
New User
There was the antenna mounted by the rear view mirror was the big tip. The control module on mine is mounted on the panel by the driver side left kick panel. I took the part # of the module and googled the part #. Then downloaded the install/ users manual and ordered a keyfob from ford. Followed the instructions, and with some difficulty got it to work.

It's not 100% reliable. I have a feeling my battery is causing some of the problems though.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Thunderslide
New User
I have something behind my mirror Figured it was for the remote keyless entry and compass. I’ll have to go look at the kick panel. Will I need to take the panel off or is it mounted. I am assuming you are talking about the panel near the parking brake pedal

Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
tonyq
New User
Yes that's the one. You shouldn't have to remove anything. You should be able to see the module by looking up there.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Thunderslide
New User
nothing there, bummer

Quick Reply: 2W7Z-19G364-AA remote start problem