Sponsored by: DP Tuner

help with stalling when clutch put in

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:58 PM
roadkingclassic
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with stalling when clutch put in

I have a 2000 F450 6-speed and I have had the cps recall done and just replaced ipr because dealer said I had a IPR code and truck was stalling and hard to start hot (took maybe 10 sec) Truck stalls occasionally when clutch is put in and still hard to start hot. Cold starts in 2 or so seconds. If driving and putting clutch in, rpm falls to about 500 and then quits. Does this maybe once every 10 times clutch engaged but it almost always sags and stumbles a little and most of the time it catches back up to around 650 or 700 rpm. If I let it stay in gear while slowing down until under 1000 rpm or so, it will not do it. Unplugged ICP today and ran a little differently (maybe a little off on the low end) but still stalled out. Does not do any other time such as just driving around. Only thing odd about motor is ebpv does not work (not sure of broke or sensor bad). Runs good otherwise. Top end is fine and no CEL is on. Since it still did it with the ICP unplugged, can I assume it's not the ICP? Could it be the EBPV system? Last time it was on a scanner, it hit 2300-2400 psi on the top end and right at 500 at idle (before new IPR) HELP

Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome...

How many miles are on the truck and what mods do you have??? Do you have a tuner???

Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
roadkingclassic
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mods other than 6637 air filter but did it before and after installation so not that. Engine has 105K runs good otherwise. Someone please help as I can't just keep on changing things.... $$$$$$