Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"New" wheels, do I need spacers?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru
farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.
"New" wheels, do I need spacers?

I'm working on a deal for a set of 20" wheels taken off an '06 Lariat. I keep hearing that we need spacers to make them work. If so, how many inches of space do I need? What is a recommended spacer brand? I see them all over Ebay, but I need something solid since I do a lot of towing.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
jeff7825 has a good reputation on FTE.jeff7825 has a good reputation on FTE.jeff7825 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes you will. Go check in the Excursion forum, many guys up there have put the newer wheels on their trucks, they will know what size spacer you will need.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Pocket
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
If it was me (and I do a lot of towing too), I would not buy 05+ wheels. I don't trust wheel spacers when towing, and I've personally seen wheel spacers sheer off on a Chevy truck.

But that's my opinion on the whole thing.

If you do decide to get the wheels, you'll need about 1.5" of spacing, and get the best spacers you can find.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.