General Automotive Discussion

2009 FTE Online Championship ROUND NINE ENTRY THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 FTE Online Championship ROUND NINE ENTRY THREAD

Round NINE ~ Only two rounds left including this one...

Somewhere in the next two weeks I expect to post up a quick rundown of all the previous winners in this 2009 series, which has been incredible from start to finish!

Here are the rules, also limited to ten:
1) Contest open to all model and year Ford Trucks (includes vans, SUV's, All Wheel Drive, all levels of customization, etc)

2) Number of entries in each round limited to the first ten who enter a round. If after two weeks have passed there are less than ten but more than one entries, the entries for that round will close and the deciding poll will run anyway. If there is only one entry it wins by default and moves on to the CHAMPIONSHIP round. (If there are NO entries I have failed!). Contestants may only enter ONE TRUCK per round.

3) To enter - post a picture of your truck at least 640 by 480 pixels in size (no links to other sites. Picture must be displayed in thread) Avoid extremely large images, please. (1024 pixels largest side of image). Huge pictures may interfere with some connection speeds. ALL images will be tailored to size by committee to fit in poll thread.

4) RULE OF OWNERSHIP: You must have owned the truck AT THE TIME YOUR PICTURE OF IT WAS TAKEN to enter it. You may not enter anyone elses truck FOR them. No exceptions

5) CHAMPIONSHIP RULES:
The first place finisher in each round qualifies and is entered in the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND.
After ten regular rounds, the CHAMPIONSHIP consists of the first place finishers from the preceeding ten rounds running in a "Best of the Best" contest.

6) VOTE MONGERING: You may enlist your buds and chapter, other groups or whatever to vote for your entry. HOWEVER - be warned that all of the polls are annonymous, and your buds can always vote for someone else. There is no way to know! SPAMMING the forums should not be done at any time for this purpose, be careful what you do...

7) Once a poll is up for a round, it will be active for exactly 14 days. These polls close by themselves and whoever wins does. If for some reason there is a tie - a tie breaker poll will run until the following sunday night at the latest. Local midnight is based on Central Time in the USA.

8) NON-EXCLUSION: Employees of FTE and/or IBI welcome to enter including moderators or other unpaid affiliates as well as sponsors of the site

9) REPEAT ENTRIES: Out of sportsmanship, it is asked that if you want to enter a following contest, enter no more than two in a row. After waiting for one in between, you may enter again. THIS WILL NOT BE ENFORCED! It is a request, in order to give others a chance

10) PRIZES: 1st place winner in each round will recieve a free one year paid membership to Club FTE, which provides access to extra features such as the Club FTE Members Only forum. Those who already are supporters will be given a twelve month extension to the membership they already have. For the Championship Round we are considering passing the hat to purchase trophies - this is under development.

You never know what we'll see in each round, I wonder how fast this one will fill up?

~link to round eight for continuity~

Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice banner Dutch - I think I know a few of those people.....

Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I wouldn't be a bit suprised.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Terry Gunter
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By posting these pictures does this enter me in the contest. Terry

Attached Images    
Old 09-22-2009, 10:20 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Now we're talkin'.......that third pic is awesome!!!

Early Ford beef

Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

That is one nice truck.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I feel kinda dirty entering this...especially as I recently sold her off. And that truck you entered Terry is just beautiful

2006 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew

and a little truck ****. Please avert thy eyes if Nut 'n Bolts offend you

Old 09-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Terry Gunter
By posting these pictures does this enter me in the contest. Terry
Sure as the Pope eats spaghetti!!!

BTW: I got your PM saying you wanted picture #3 to be the main one. It seems it impressed hell out of a more than a few folks...

Originally Posted by tylus
I feel kinda dirty entering this...especially as I recently sold her off. And that truck you entered Terry is just beautiful
2006 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew

and a little truck ****. Please avert thy eyes if Nut 'n Bolts offend you
Your SUPERCHARGER! It's NAKED!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I was gonna enter, but wow Terry that truck is HOT. I wouldn't even have been able to vote for myself. That thing is awesome...........can I have it?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:39 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 308 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by Zip
I was gonna enter, but wow Terry that truck is HOT. I wouldn't even have been able to vote for myself. That thing is awesome...........can I have it?
That is exactly my thought too Chris. Once I saw Terry's entry I said No way !!!!

Hey Terry..... if Chris can't have it, can I ???????

Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
WHAT? You thought the later rounds would be EASIER??? I'm looking for the BIG GUYS to jump in now...

Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2009 F-150 Platinum

Attached Images   
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Oddly enough, to my twisty fuzzy way of thinking - if a motorhome is based on a FORD chassis, IT'S a FORD TRUCK and would be a valid entry in the Championship...

wb6anp: if you don't take the top honors this round see if THIS machine rings anyones bells in round TEN!

I see twin roofair -and I'd bet it has 'ZONE CONTROL'
SATELITE DOME
SATELITE RADIO? (The "FRISBEE" Dome toward the back..)
Side camera(s) ??? Not sure - I was looking real hard.

(I can't look at any RV anymore without analysing what it has)

Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes side view and review cameras, Sat tv. Sat radio (but not the antenna in the back) That antenna is Digital TV antenna if I am under tress and can't get sats.2 roof airs weighs in at 18500.
I also tow a ford with, i have my wifes escape hybrid set up as our toad. I thought about entering it after I entered my truck.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
~Insert Evil Grin Here!~

Then - it sounds to me like you've got an ace in the hole for the next round that I don't think too many people can TRUMP!

PS: It also looks like there is no "Headbanger" TV set in the front office. I always hated those things, I almost got scars on my skull from a few of them.

Quick Reply: 2009 FTE Online Championship ROUND NINE ENTRY THREAD