Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Diesel forums

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Destroya
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel forums

I just would like to comment about the "condoned" bashing of the V10 powerplant in all of the diesel forums and in the SD forum.

How is this tolerated? Whenever the subject comes up in here, diesel or in the SD forum, our fellow V10/gas owners are quickly punished for retalliation. In basically EVERY SINGLE instance, the diesel owner has started the name calling or "schoolyard" bullying of gas engined truck owners. I find this quite sickening.

Quick444 has " V10 owners kiss each other" in his damn signature for christ sakes!!!! Where the hell are our moderators/administrators in this? Are they too weak willed to control the diesel members? Or is there some underlying agenda that keeps the diesel owners "immune" from forum guidelines?

FIX THIS....................

Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think most of the admin are diesel owners.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
I personally don't care. Let a diesel owner believe what ever they want. I work with many 7.3s, 5.8s, Inline 6s, and I still say, the V10 is the best rounded of the bunch. I've driven diesels on many occasions, and while not bad, I wouldn't trade mine. Don't let it get to you so much. There is simply so much bashing because they have to tell themselves repeatedly that their diesel is the greatest thing ever, so it doesn't hurt so much when they bend over to take it with the costs of maintenance.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:31 PM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People that paid at least $6,000 for the same truck, have to pay $100 for an oil change, $0.30 more for a gallon of fuel, and seem to have to then spend thousands in mods on their truck just don't like the idea that a stock gasser can pull the same kind of loads (abiet a little slower)than what their rattly monster diesels can.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 AM
JKBrad
Received 808 Likes on 593 Posts
It doesn't bother me. They can talk and talk about how great their motor of choice is. I really don't care what some pimply faced kid on the other side of the country thinks. Some of them don't even have the trucks they're bragging about or they're bragging about daddy's truck. But, for the most part, this is great web site with a lot of good guys willing to share their knowledge. For that I'm willing to put up with a little attitude now and then.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Lstanley
Junior User
Both the v10 and psd engines are good engines. They both have their good and bad points though. I drive a psd and love it, but with that being said Id easily by a v10 without thinking twice. Oh and for the record diesel for me Is 5 cents a litre cheaper then gas and it costs me 57$ to change the oil.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
meanv10
Elder User
Originally Posted by Destroya
I just would like to comment about the "condoned" bashing of the V10 powerplant in all of the diesel forums and in the SD forum.

How is this tolerated? Whenever the subject comes up in here, diesel or in the SD forum, our fellow V10/gas owners are quickly punished for retalliation. In basically EVERY SINGLE instance, the diesel owner has started the name calling or "schoolyard" bullying of gas engined truck owners. I find this quite sickening.

Quick444 has " V10 owners kiss each other" in his damn signature for christ sakes!!!! Where the hell are our moderators/administrators in this? Are they too weak willed to control the diesel members? Or is there some underlying agenda that keeps the diesel owners "immune" from forum guidelines?

they feel the need to justify the thousands more they spent on a truck by bashing a truck that will do all the same things there’s will. that’s it period, and they think that just because semis have diesels they need them to pull more than 600lbs

the longer you stick around the more you will realize that that its all the same bs under different thread titles

Old 09-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Lstanley
Both the v10 and psd engines are good engines. They both have their good and bad points though. I drive a psd and love it, but with that being said Id easily by a v10 without thinking twice. Oh and for the record diesel for me Is 5 cents a litre cheaper then gas and it costs me 57$ to change the oil.
I agree here completely. When I bought my '08 PSD I was actually looking for a V10. But when they showed me $12K off, I couldn't resist.

Up on the SD forum, particularly in the "V10 vs PSD" thread there's lots of bashing going on. My question is why does it bother you so much? I, and some others, have tremendous respect for both engines. There are ALWAYS those who choose to insist that whichever engine they have is the ONLY engine to have, and that all others must be junk.

Take ill-informed bashers' comments for what they are: ignorant people who like to put down others in order to feel secure themselves.

IGNORE THEM!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Mmaxed
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing to fix. If you can't find a way to have a little fun with it, don't read it. It's a forum and there will always be 2 sides. repubs vs dems, Ford vs Chev, Nascar vs indy cars, or in this case PSD vs V10. Heck, I could argue both sides and then no matter what, I'd feel like a winner.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM
JKBrad
Received 808 Likes on 593 Posts
The only one being childish in this thread is you.

It seams that you posted in this V10 forum to get a bunch of people riled up so they would go help you in your fight with the posters in other forums.

Like I said, a lot of those who argue like that are kids. Why bother? Anyone can be big and bad behind a keyboard and monitor. We've had some kids come and go on this site...Rubicon and Mike Deason come to mind.

There was one guy , I can't remember his name, that was posting in '07 that he had a brand new 6.4 F450 and was doing all of these mods on a $58k truck. His profile said he was 22. All kinds of guys were impressed. A few of us asked for pictures. He got mad and never came back.

So, take a deep breath, remove the comment from your sig that you put there in anger and enjoy the wealth FREE info that is a mouse click away here.

Become a supporter and you can go to the Club FTE forum and fire away.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick444 has " V10 owners kiss each other" in his damn signature
I asked him about that, he said it was his answer to my sig.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 300 Likes on 157 Posts

First and foremost, when you have an issue such as this, our guidelines specifically state that you need to PM/email an admin or moderator directly about it.

Since this has been up since last night, and it's all in the open now, I'll comment on it.

In the past, there were various flame-wars between the diesel people and the gassers. There was much animosity, banning, people leaving, etc.

I was not a moderator at the time, so I can't comment on what was done at that time.

However, I was inducted in June of 2006 (or thereabouts) as a moderator, and asked specifically to try to keep a lid on the diesel vs. gas wars.

In doing so, I have tried to take a hands-off approach, only stepping in when it gets hot.

There is a natural rivalry that NEEDS to be exercised once in a while, and the current "V10 vs. PSD" thread in the Superduty forum is a good example of that rivalry. It has gone on and on and on, and still no one has been infracted or banned, and we all kinda get along and agree to disagree. It's a record, we've never had anything last that long and not get overly hot. It has, however, seemed to fan the flames of comments in signatures, snide comments here and there, and other things.

Being a V10 owner myself, I have sometimes asked V10 owners to back off and be the more mature person. I do not moderate the diesel forums, so again, I can't comment on what is done there.

If the dieselers are insulting you directly, if you feel anything is a direct insult, feel free to report the post. I can't possibly read every post, and I depend on the members to report posts that are against the guidelines.

But overall, I let the "boys be boys". If they want to be immature, let them. That goes for both the gassers AND the dieselers.

As for the "V10 guys kiss each other" signature, it doesn't say anything bad about V10's. It says much more about the member's maturity level, doesn't it?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, I'll chime in too and tell you that I have never bashed gassers. I've had both diesels and gassers and loved them. Each has it's place and it's targeted buyers. I was actually looking at the V10 when I bought my truck but went with the diesel instead. I had a 120 mile a day commute at one point and there was a substantial difference in fuel mileage and that's the biggest reason I went with the diesel. I have friends that have V10s and they are brutes. I have entertained the thought of replacing this truck with a V10 but it's looking like I'll have to trade before the 2011s roll out if I want one.

In many threads where potential new owners ask about the diesel vs. gas debate, there have been many times I have recommended the V10 over the diesel for their intended purpose. I know it goes on and I think the bashing from all sides is childish. It likens itself to when we were on the playground as kids saying "my dad can beat up your dad".

Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 300 Likes on 157 Posts
Let's NOT turn this into another diesel vs. gas thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Destroya
Senior User
Once again, this forum proves to have become an exact copy of www.thedieselstop.com. Inattentive/biased moderators showing thier trus skin when issues arise, the psd owner always wins, whether the issue was caused by them or not. How insulting, and just plain stupid.

My signature stays until my account is removed.