Sponsored by:

May all Rize.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
OGTerror
Negus Negast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb May all Rize.

I had it with my 6 inch Pro comp lift kit on my 2008 F150 4x4 PT because of the almost zero ground clearance. Since I off road about 6 days of the month my 2 yr old pro comp didn't cut it for me anymore. I did some research on a long travel suspension but it was cost prohibited with a price tag of 22 grand. I then decided to go with the 8 inch Rize lift and 2.5 king shocks. This lift was something I could afford and gave me a better ground clearance than the Pro Comp, plus it allowed me to install 38's open country Toyos. Even though I have no mechanical experience I decided to installed the lift myself with the help of a friend.

Banged up old suspension due to almost no ground clearance.

Rize Lift in progress

Problem with Rear Shock.

Solution?

Grind some metal off.

Little damage done I'd say, but no problem, relax, take it easy, and don't worry about it.

No Problems only solutions.

Project Complete

Before, 6 inch Pro Comp Lift

After, 8 inch Rize Industries Lift.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:36 AM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
A nice job in the install, though the stilts and blocks used to suspend the truck were a little scary.
The interesting part of an IFS lift is that it does not gain much ground clearance ever.
measure the distance from the lower control arm to the ground and then measure the same distance after the lift and you will net identical figures. While the same is true of a straight axle, the IFS loses clearance when the suspension is comressed.

Looks like it is gonna require a trip to the alignment shop. The lower control arms are not straight. You can see from the adjustment that they are off.

Al in all, it looks nice. Real nice truck. Not afriad to spend some cash I see.........

Old 09-07-2009, 11:47 AM
OGTerror
Negus Negast
Originally Posted by 75F350
A nice job in the install, though the stilts and blocks used to suspend the truck were a little scary.
The interesting part of an IFS lift is that it does not gain much ground clearance ever.
measure the distance from the lower control arm to the ground and then measure the same distance after the lift and you will net identical figures. While the same is true of a straight axle, the IFS loses clearance when the suspension is comressed.

Looks like it is gonna require a trip to the alignment shop. The lower control arms are not straight. You can see from the adjustment that they are off.

Al in all, it looks nice. Real nice truck. Not afriad to spend some cash I see.........
some one has to keep the economy bouncing

Yeah did get an alignment when I finished the lift about a month ago, I'm due for a second alignment, now that I had the bump stops and limited straps installed. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ed-straps.html

Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 PM
crazyredneckanyhow
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im still not seeing any real ground clearence. All that jungle gym hanging down looks like it wont last long.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
OGTerror
Negus Negast
Originally Posted by crazyredneckanyhow
Im still not seeing any real ground clearence. All that jungle gym hanging down looks like it wont last long.

38s and cross member area has better ground clearance than 35s with pro comp

Old 09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Hahaha. I love that. Completely brown.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:03 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
OGTerror, I like your shirt in the first post. Words to live by.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
mavrik4x4
Senior User
Im afraid that instead of bashing skid plates going across terrain, you are going to come to a complete F*%#in STOP from the same terrain. Skid plates on the Pro Comp did their job. Im very curious to see how this lasts? No offense

Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
lift a truck 20" it will not gain an inch of ground clearance, only way get further from the ground is taller tires, that jungle gym hanging under there did not get you any further from the ground but is sure gonna hang you up on the rocks, get another skid plate or id bet that lift aint gonna last long not to criticize, just to inform

i like this though...a truck that looks like its a pavement queen, yet it actually goes offroad and is functional...props for not being afraid to wheel a truck that probably cost as much as my house did

Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 AM
gyger1
Senior User
Gorgeous truck dude. Like the vehicle wrap too!
Install looks great and I can see areas where you gained ground clearance. Looks like mission accomplished buddy!

Where did you snag that roll bar/light rack? Very unique truck and functional A++ for money spending

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
79n40z
Senior User
I had the rize kit for over a year and really loved it but my truck only saw beach duty no to much here it is very dry and hard to find most of the year

here is a link to how mine looks I have it on 39.5's

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sus...39-5-tire.html

Old 09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
f-150 on 22's
Senior User
How tall were those blocks you made to hold your truck up? I am thinking about getting some jack stands that go up 30 inches.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
OGTerror
Negus Negast
Originally Posted by mavrik4x4
Im afraid that instead of bashing skid plates going across terrain, you are going to come to a complete F*%#in STOP from the same terrain. Skid plates on the Pro Comp did their job. Im very curious to see how this lasts? No offense
Awesome ground clearance, I hammered the suspension a couple of weeks ago, way much better than the pro comp lift. The skid place you see on the first picture was my third skid plate in 2 years, at 350 bucks a pop was getting too expensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtLg92KwCI

Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
OGTerror
Negus Negast
Originally Posted by 9.ford.5
lift a truck 20" it will not gain an inch of ground clearance, only way get further from the ground is taller tires, that jungle gym hanging under there did not get you any further from the ground but is sure gonna hang you up on the rocks, get another skid plate or id bet that lift aint gonna last long not to criticize, just to inform

i like this though...a truck that looks like its a pavement queen, yet it actually goes offroad and is functional...props for not being afraid to wheel a truck that probably cost as much as my house did
True, that'z why I went with the 8 inch Rize kit; 1) it is "bullet prove" built, and 2) it gave me the the perfect hight to fit bigger tires. So far so good.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
OGTerror
Negus Negast
Originally Posted by gyger1
Gorgeous truck dude. Like the vehicle wrap too!
Install looks great and I can see areas where you gained ground clearance. Looks like mission accomplished buddy!

Where did you snag that roll bar/light rack? Very unique truck and functional A++ for money spending
Thankz. The light bar rack on the bed is also a tire holder just a bolt on, not strong enough to call it a roll bar. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...DHKZDktAPj_YRc

Quick Reply: May all Rize.