Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pan Replacement Option?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
F-350PSD
Senior User
F-350PSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil Pan Replacement Option?

I saw this advertised in Diesel Power Magazine and instantly thought it might solve the expensive problem of replacing the oil pan. It says you can remove the crossmember and it will support the drivetrain from your frame rails. Im hoping this is the solution to our rusty oil pan woes.

-Chris

http://advanceadapters.com/product/5141/15-1000.html

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU
RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by F-350PSD View Post
I saw this advertised in Diesel Power Magazine and instantly thought it might solve the expensive problem of replacing the oil pan. It says you can remove the crossmember and it will support the drivetrain from your frame rails. Im hoping this is the solution to our rusty oil pan woes.

-Chris

http://advanceadapters.com/product/5141/15-1000.html
Im pretty sure Cuda Jim is going to chime in here soon.
But I think the Jack is not the problem in our trucks to change the oil pan, is the crossmember, you need to cut it (is possible without harm anything as I have read) and then weld it again.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
that tool is for removing the transmission crossmember, to remove the oil pan you either pull the engine or cut out the crosmember, if you have an IFS front end you would have to dis assemble the I beams and than cut the crosmember.