Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacum question

Old 08-29-2009, 06:50 AM
hammer65
Posting Guru
hammer65 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hammer65 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Vacum question

After having to have a valve cover gasket and wiring harness replaced in Cody, Wy. on my 2003 7.3. My A/C goes to defrost for a few seconds, before going to A/C. Could there be something around the valve cover, that was left loose, or just a coincedence and the hub seals are going?

Thanks Jim

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 AM
just another truck
Post Fiend
just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Your vacuum comes from a pump on the passenger side firewall. It would be real easy for you to checkif it was the hub seals by simply disconnecting the hose to the hubs, put you finger over the line, and have some one select A/C.

By the way, you don't get vacuum to the hubs unless you select 4x4.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:13 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Hey Jim. We need more info. Is this at startup or when you put it in 4x4? When does this happen, and what are you doing at the time?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
hammer65
Posting Guru
hammer65 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hammer65 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It is when you turn on the A/C, or at start up. 4x4 not in use.
Turn on the A/C. Mode switch in A/C or Max A/C. Defroster comes on for a short time and then slowly the door will close and the air then comes out the A/C vents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.