S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

What Are You Doing To Your Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 AM
T8R
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:-) Sounds like Brady's being productive. I've never had a "clean the truck, fix small stuff" day that I ran out of things to tinker with, especially starting with a list like he's got.
Thanks for the offers on glove box lids - still haven't had time to check out the local places - but will definitely post if any of them seem helpful.

Got the tie rod in for my truck, should be the last part I need to have all the play out of my steering and feel like new again. (took the parts guys a couple attempts to get the right part in) It'll have to wait for tomorrow. Can't imagine my wife would be too impressed if I spent our anniversary under the truck. :-) I'm off to find flowers, a couple steaks I can wrap in bacon and a bottle of anything that'll keep the wife from letting me anywhere near here the rest of the day. :-)

Old 11-08-2009, 11:14 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by T8R
Can't imagine my wife would be too impressed if I spent our anniversary under the truck. :-) I'm off to find flowers, a couple steaks I can wrap in bacon and a bottle of anything that'll keep the wife from letting me anywhere near here the rest of the day. :-)
Congratulations on the anniversary. You two be good!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:34 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by orng1
Brady never got back, I wonder if he's finished yet.
Originally Posted by T8R
:-) Sounds like Brady's being productive. I've never had a "clean the truck, fix small stuff" day that I ran out of things to tinker with, especially starting with a list like he's got.
funny story about why i never got back...

well i tuned the carb better (i think still need to tinker and i think it needs a rebuild) messed with the trans fluid leak, painted the rear bumper over again in places i missed and where i am trying to drill some more holes, and decided to take her for a little drive to see how she is running. well my buddy was working on his truck yesterday too so i thought i would swing by and see him, well turns out he was going to dirt biking and convinced me and my other buddy to go along. well all was fine tell he falls and gets a major concussion and couldnt remember ANYTHING and was asking questions over and over and over again. so we take hiim to the ER and his parents come there and what not. so i didnt sleep much last night and got up to go to church this morrning and came home and went back to bed. talked to him and he is doing better but has no memory of Saturday at all...

Old 11-08-2009, 03:47 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by william_04_x
Actually, you should be careful assuming you know what the technology is that is in question.. I don't appreciate the fact that you've insinuated i'm engaging in anything illegal on a public forum, especially with a link describing felonious activity.. I posted earlier about this install and was specific as to what it was.. These jammers are for LIDAR/Laser and are perfectly legal in the state of NV where I reside.. They are not radar jammers..

If radar jammers existed, they wouldn't be so conspicuous, or require multiple heads and line of site..
If you didn't exceed the speed limits, would there be a need for any of this? Isn't the purpose of this stuff to attempt to get away with breaking the law, even if you are not breaking the law by installing or using it?

Are you saying this is all legal based on the technicality that they are not specific for "radar" enforcement, only LIDAR/Laser?

Pop

Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
If you didn't exceed the speed limits, would there be a need for any of this? Isn't the purpose of this stuff to attempt to get away with breaking the law, even if you are not breaking the law by installing or using it?
If I choose to purchase these items to enhance my situational awareness, that's my business.. Lately, revenue enhancement is as much a priority as public safety for LEO's.. If I can avoid being the sap picked out of the pack, hooray for me..

Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Are you saying this is all legal based on the technicality that they are not specific for "radar" enforcement, only LIDAR/Laser?
Pop
Yeah, it is legal in NV... Radar and LIDAR are 2 different technologies differentiated by more than a technicality..

I've done all the homework I need to do..

Old 11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Serg450
Posting Guru
To bad we can't have any of the two technologies here in CA....

Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
orng1
Postmaster
I love my radar, it makes me wake up when there are traps or there is a cop talking on the radio near me. I almost snuck up on a cop last night as I was coming home after work but the radar told me he was there so I slowed down. A few cars turned and there he was right in front of me in the next lane over. I might have passed him going a few mph over had it not called my attention to him. Thanks detector

Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
T8R
Laughing Gas
Thinking about doing that tie rod today. I have lots of other stuff to get done today... but I also like being able to steer my truck....

Brady - glad to hear your friend is ok. Hope all is well.

Edit:
On a side note, seems like most of my favorite people have had head injuries. Not sure if the head injuries are why we get along, or if I just gravitate towards people predisposed to end up with them :-)

Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
orng1
Postmaster
Oh yeah Brady I feel for your friend, I definately know about brain injuries. I'm not supposed to be here today, I had a real bad injury and it's surprising what the brain can recover from.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:54 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
yeah he is doing much better but he fractured his scull in 2 places...OUCH!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by T8R
seems like most of my favorite people have had head injuries. Not sure if the head injuries are why we get along, or if I just gravitate towards people predisposed to end up with them.
Don' care whatcha' say, that thar's funny!

Pop

Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM
T8R
Laughing Gas
My people.

Got the tie rod in today. (It's a rather manly looking chunk of steel.) Had it changed out in just over an hour. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it took a couple to get the toe right.

Out of curiosity - anyone know if there's an easier way to align the steering wheel than adjusting the tie rods? I lucked out, got it damn close - and could probably just tweak the tie rods in the morning to get it just right.

Now that I've done ball joints and bearings, tie rods and ends... the last 1" of play in the steering wheel is the steering box.

Unfortunately it looks like there is actually some play in the box (shaft wiggling in it's bushings or bearings - not sure which). I love my truck - but I'm really hoping to be nearly done spending money on maintenance stuff for a bit.... not to mention still needing to look for the glove box. :-)

What are you guys up to?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:39 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still collecting parts - added a pair of aluminum differential covers to the pile that has the regulated return and coolant filter ....sometime in the next month or two this stuff is actually going to get put on the truck.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
dont forget your air horn too...

Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
dont forget your air horn too...
That's in a different pile

Quick Reply: What Are You Doing To Your Truck?