Notices

I Scratched Interior Trim!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 07:43 PM
Ford_Guy2002
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this little round spot of what I thought to be dirt on the dash board. This little spot of "dirt" was actually the same color as the dash board. Being as stupid as I was, I scratched it off, but I also scratched off some of the tan paint so now there's a little black spot where I scratched.
I know I could easily replace the panel, but what I'd really like to know is, what the heck was it? Could it really have come from the factory this way (it is a new truck)?

Thanks for your help

Old 11-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Quikirk
Elder User

Sounds like a blemish in the panel. If the trk is new I might take it to your dealer and ask for a new panel.

Old 11-13-2002, 07:25 PM
Ford_Guy2002
New User

>Sounds like a blemish in the panel. If the trk is new I
>might take it to your dealer and ask for a new panel.

I guess so -- so do you think it was like a bit of dust or something that they just painted over?

Also, I thought that that sort of thing was visually inspected before it left the factory?

Thanks for your time

Old 11-14-2002, 03:18 AM
haroutd
Posting Guru
Location: I'm lost somewhere in NJ -- can someone please find me?!?!?!?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't guess as to what it was that caused the defect, but I can tell you that if it is somewhat new, the dealer shouldn't have a problem with it. I actually had a spot on my panel that was slightyl lighter in color than the rest (it was on the far left edge, near where it meets the door) and didn't notice it for about a month or 2. It took me another 2 months before I found the time to go back to the dealer and have it taken care of. Needless to say, I got a free loaner until the work was done, all under warranty. Good luck to you -- and remember; if they say "No" just keep complaining and asking for the next higher-up supervisor!

Old 11-15-2002, 11:20 PM
frictition
New User