Notices

Running Boards Need Help

Old 04-27-2002, 02:06 PM
Overfences
Senior User
Overfences is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running Boards Need Help

I've got aluminum treadplate running boards that are dull - I've tried lots of things - rubbing compound, wadding polish, aluminum cleaners.. I've had the best results using my buffer but it's too big to get under the frame and the little dremel tool buffing wheels wear out so quick I'd need 200 of them to finish. Any ideas or tricks.

Old 06-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Saigon
Elder User
Saigon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running Boards Need Help

Hi,
I shine mine with fine steel wool, works OK.
Mike

Old 10-25-2002, 12:02 PM
HotWhlz85
Posting Guru
HotWhlz85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running Boards Need Help

Old 11-18-2002, 02:20 PM
WHY W8
New User
WHY W8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running Boards Need Help

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Nov-02 AT 03:21 PM (EST)]Have used a product called FLITZ. It is a paste product wipe it on with a paper towel or cloth and work it in, when the paper towel or cloth starts to turn black finish off with an old piece of carpet and buff it up. This product does not require a lot elbow grease. Will product a HIGH gloss shine.

Can be used on other surfaces: Fiberglass, brass, copper, bronze, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, etc..

Check the net for a source

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.