Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need more HPOP pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Need more HPOP pressure

Maybe that's not the correct terminology, but I bet there's a few people wondering about the same problem after RRE. And if not, I am so I'll start a thread. The oil pressures noted on my truck while live tuning were a bit low when we started in the 100hp and + tunes. In the 120 and 140 I was down to about 1800-1900psi at over 90% duty cycle. Nothing terrible, but I'd sure benefit from more pressure. I only had 80E before so I never really noticed or needed any more. So that leads me to my question, what options and what opinions do you all have?
I know about the Adrenaline, but it seems to be fairly new and I can't find much on it from someone that's realistic so far. I've read where people smile from ear to ear, and others weren't impressed.
I'm on the stock injectors, and seriously have no intentions of using anything else. Still on the stock turbo too, and will be for a while; but there's a chance that could be changed some day.
Teach me.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you plan on future mods you have asked the same question.

I am in the search for the perfect pump setup myself also so just subscribing. I can hold between 2100-2300 at WOT but would like more.
I guess I just need more flow so I can maintain a good pressure.

I want options!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
I don't plan on future mods, but what I'm looking for is to make the most of what I've got now. Right now I'm not getting all I can from the stock injectors even. So I don't need anything crazy, wondering if I should just try a new factory HPOP or go with something better and to know what good options there are.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Kieth, who has not been impressed witht he adrenaline? And didnt Cookie do all sorts of measurements with AE since installing it?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the ups man just showed up and i got so excited i jumped on here to start my own thread but this thread will do just fine! looky what brown just did for me?

muahahahahahahaahaha!

i want to go out and install it but im a little hesitant. i dont think its anything i cant handle i just dont want to mess it up........

Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may not plan on mods for performance etc. and I'm *somewhat* in the same boat... but eventually, your turbo & injectors will (at the least) need rebuilding. You can rebuild the turbo for about $100 but injectors.... you'll likely be looking at replacing them. I know that when that time comes, for the (relatively) smaller increase in price, I'll likely go up to Single Shot injectors with a slightly higher flow rate. It will be noisier, but it will make better power and very likely have an increase in MPGs.

So, with that perspective.... maybe always having the stock turbo, possibly upgrading the injectors... you'll at least want a strong 17* pump, but for the money, the Adrenaline will provide the volume to maintain higher pressures with where you are now, and in the future. I believe Terminator Engineering also sells a higher volume HPOP. Those are the two I've considered. I'm happy with my Adrenaline, especially knowing that the mild upgrades I'm planning won't have me looking for another HPOP.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by just another truck
Kieth, who has not been impressed witht he adrenaline? And didnt Cookie do all sorts of measurements with AE since installing it?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...the-story.html

It was bfife's thread that I read. His results sucked. If I am going to the trouble I want more than 200 or 300 psi better.

Not to mention, I just had live tuning done. No way in hell I'm going with another chip, not that I'm convinced that was the right move for him anyway.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM
03_PSD
Postmaster
Subscribing..........I always get that pesky little light when I'm into the throttle pretty good. I haven't pulled any numbers or know anyone with AE to get numbers, but I'm betting I've got a boarder line pump. I've been looking at the Adrenaline pretty good, maybe in the near future. My truck runs good right now so I'm not worried too much.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Do you know what you're pressures are now and do you plan to measure them after the install?
I don't have AE, so I'm going by what others experience I guess. Man, I really should have just got that other AE at RRE when Clay had it right in front of me. If it were not for having to buy a new fuel pump while I was there I would have.

Originally Posted by indyF-350psd
the ups man just showed up and i got so excited i jumped on here to start my own thread but this thread will do just fine! looky what brown just did for me?

muahahahahahahaahaha!

i want to go out and install it but im a little hesitant. i dont think its anything i cant handle i just dont want to mess it up........

Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 03_PSD
Subscribing..........I always get that pesky little light when I'm into the throttle pretty good. I haven't pulled any numbers or know anyone with AE to get numbers, but I'm betting I've got a boarder line pump. I've been looking at the Adrenaline pretty good, maybe in the near future. My truck runs good right now so I'm not worried too much.
Yes, my truck runs real good right now too. And I was content until I found out there's more in it and I'm not at full potential.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
03_PSD
Postmaster
Thats exactly why I'm following this thread Keith.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by spdmpo
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...the-story.html

It was bfife's thread that I read. His results sucked. If I am going to the trouble I want more than 200 or 300 psi better.

Not to mention, I just had live tuning done. No way in hell I'm going with another chip, not that I'm convinced that was the right move for him anyway.

If you talk to Barney now, he has tunes from PHP and as far as I know the thing whole setup is working great.

Hopefully he'll chime in here soon. I too am curious as to some real-time testing and numbers, not just "it works for me".

Old 08-11-2009, 01:33 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
The way I see it, you have three choices for what you are wanting to do. A new stock pump, the adrenaline, or the modded stock pump from Terminator.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 PM
nissandoc
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keith, Rowland and Barry are in the same boat. Both of them have their HPOP numbers falling off in the higher tunes and I think both are looking at the Adrenaline.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by nissandoc
Keith, Roland and Barry are in the same boat. Both of them have their HPOP numbers falling off in the higher tunes and I think both are looking at the Adrenaline.
Clay is going to try to work out something with Joey @ Terminator on his 17* modded pump. It may be a few weeks away. I can't seem to wait that long. It looks like my IPR is erratic. Jody adjusted my ICP's and they kept changing without changes in PCM output. The duty cycle, etc stayed the same, but the ICP kept changing on its own. I seem to have two problems. One with the IPR and one with the HPOP not keeping up with the demand. My truck was doing better after the live tune, but has begun its "old tricks" on the way home: romp idle at times and excessive smoke. I need to do something soon. I already have dealt with this for a month before the live tune. I am not blaming the tunes. It is something mechanical/hydraulic that can't be controlled.

Quick Reply: Need more HPOP pressure