Lead Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chips in Paint on front bumper

Old 12-12-2002, 06:35 PM
biglevi71
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed some chips in the paint on my new truck. It is most likely caused by rocks and sand on the road, but I could have sworn that Ford said there was something sprayed on the bumper to protect it from that. There are at least three spots, one that was touched up by the dealer. I really do not want a bumper that has touch up marks all over it, and the truck is only 2 months old! It is a sport and that is the reason for the painted bumpers. Any ideas of info would be appreciated. Thanks, Levi

02 F150 4x4 5.4 V8, auto, 3.55 limited slip, sport, 17" wheels, cat back duals with NO MUFFLER...

Old 12-13-2002, 07:48 AM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's under warranty - take it back.

Old 12-13-2002, 05:03 PM
biglevi71
Senior User

They told me it was natural ware and tear. I really do not like Phillong Ford in Colorado Springs. They are horrible. I will never buy anouther truck or anything from them. Let everybody be ware that they suck.

02 F150 4x4 5.4 V8, auto, 3.55 limited slip, sport, 17" wheels, cat back duals with NO MUFFLER...

Old 12-14-2002, 10:47 AM
steve83
Post Fiend

Bust out the warranty booklet that comes with the owner's manual and call the customer satisfaction hotline. When a dealership gets complaints, they LOSE MONEY that the factory gives them for warranty work. Hit 'em where it hurt$!

Old 12-15-2002, 12:39 AM
wbandyjr
Junior User

My dealer doesn't seem to like warranty work either..I bought the extended plan..I complained about the wrotten egg smell.They said it was the gas i use.I mentioned it again and took the manager on the highway.Wouldn't do it.He said he would check the boards and get back to me.Well 5,000 miles latter of smelling this ##### the check engine light came on and finally fixed 1 cat..
Now my tranny seems to be acting weird.When i take my foot off the gas to cost downhill the tranny will down shift making me lose speed.I thought vehicles would cost or gain speed..Also when doing 30 or so i let up on the gas and put it back on.It will have a little kick and sometimes you can hear it from underneath..
When i first got this tranny i noticed a shake at 45 with the gas on.They found it to be a shutter.They flushed it with a wynns flush about 15k miles ago.For some reason no check engine or O.D. light flashing.They use that as a excuse now too "O there were no codes" And if i remember correctly they told me the fluid was contaiminated..The ford cd says "Inspect Mechanical repair as required"

Old 12-15-2002, 11:19 PM
steve83
Post Fiend

Jr.
What year is your truck? You might be able to pull the codes yourself at home.
http://www.broncodata.com/tech/codes.htm

Old 12-16-2002, 12:30 AM
biglevi71
Senior User

I am really not happy with my dealer. My roomate refered me to this particular dealer to take advantage of the referal money. When I was buying the truck the salesman told me that I would also be recieving the $100 referal money if I bought the truck. I mentioned it again and he said I would recieve the money. Anyway, I bought the truck and when my dad and I were leaving the salesman said that this would be the last time that a buyer would recieve the money, and that from now on only if I referred someone it would I get more money. I said that was great and I would be looking forward to the money.

Time went on and I had quesitons about my trucks towing package so I left three messages with the dealer, and not one phone call back. Simple quesions regarding which tranny cooler I had and if putting a reciever hitch on would ruin the warantee. Any way no call backs. Then I went to get trailer brakes and a hitch put on and the relays and pigtail for wiring were not in the truck (there are suposed to come in the glove box). I called the salesman and he told me to pay for them and he would reimburst me. He did. While I was talking to him he said that the referal money should be on the way.

Now, (2.5 months since truck was purchased) I went to the dealership to find out what was going on with the money and lack of call backs regarding towing, and wanted to know about paint on bumper. I was sent to the personel office and spoke to a lady who was doing the referal checks. She said she was unaware of the program where the buyer would get paid. I explained that I new nothing more than the salesmand had used it as a point of sale (I should have gotten it in writting). She wasn't sure so I asked if there was someone that might know explaining that I had left messages, but no one would call me back. She took me to see the general manager (a## hole). He asked me what the problem was and I explained what had happened. He said that the salesman was pulling me along, but I told him that it was used as a condition of sale. He replied telling me that he did not appreicate me "stomping my feet around upstairs", and that he wasn't paying me anything. I asked if we could talk to the salesman and he said that that he didn't work there anymore and that wouldn't make a difference. It seemed weird that I payed 30 grand for a truck and durring the buying process they called me at least 3 times a day, but when I had a question I was SOL. I also thought they hired the salesman to sell me the truck, and that he should now his resonsibilities. Anyway the general manager treated me horribly, he said thanks for the business, but that he wasn't going to do anything for me. He did say that not getting a call back was a problem so he sent me to someone else. That guy also explained that is would be illegal to give me referal money before the truck was bought because it would look as if they were paying me to buy a truck. I paid 30 grand, how is that less than $100 referal money. He looked at the bumper and said it was normal wear and tear (only 2.5 months) and he confirmed that I had the super cooling. I have never been treated so poorley in my life (referring to general manager). He down right said that I was out of line. He accused me of being rude and demanding. I went in asking questions and even waited 20 min for the lady in personel to get out of a Christmas party so she could help me. I was not rude, but damn near felt like crying after the GM ripped me a new one. I can't believe he was such and jerk. I got home and called the salesman at his new job and he said the the referal money was taken out of the price of the truck to get it to the final sale price. I thought that was interesting sice the guy at the dealership said that was illegal. Anyway I sent compliants to both the dealership and Ford. The GM emailed me back still being a jerk and defending that he was just showing how his business would defend its employees (from what? helping customers). He said if I want I should call the licencing agency or get a lawyer (for $100????). I replied telling him about what his guy said about it being illegal to pay me to buy the truck, and then how the salesman said they did in fact pay me. He emailed me back appoligizing and asked what he could do to make me happy, and when I would be in town again. That is where I stand now, and I am not sure what to do. I am pi$$ed off as to how I was treated. I just had questions and wanted awnsers. I am not a person to "low ball" my way into a business. That is not how it is done. I just feel like they got my money and now I am SOL.

If you guys have any thoughts or ideas let me know? What should they do, or am I just SOL? The $100 isn't gona make me rich, and really doesn't matter. I just can't believe they treat customers like that. What should I do? Thanks, Levi

Old 12-25-2002, 03:32 PM
bumpin_BII
Senior User

id sell the truck and a get a diffrent one. honestly this is why i dont go to the dealership for anything. i dont like ford after the other day either so i know how you feel. calling in to find out what pistons are in my 86 b2 should not take 3 hours and me driving down there. even more my intake manifold sais (2.9 electronic E.F.I) and he starts talking to me about the 5.0. what good that does i dont know. so they offerd to run a free test on it and tell why the f*** i have this knocking sound when the turuck seems to run ok) well the guy came back an hour later. wanna guess what he claims causes this noise? "you slung a rod by abusing this engine". i told him "i know thats not what it is ive had the oil pan off and replaced the oil the oil pump) {i phibbed to see what hed say} and he said "your rods are right here {pointing to my intake manifold}. so clearly we are being jerked around and treated like morons. he treated me like i had the i.q. of a ten year old. so honestly i will never buy a new truck or a truck under warrenty from ford. the best ive seen so far for their warrenty work in my area seems to be chevy. i had to take my aunts to the dealership to have some body work done on it. and there was no fuss no hassle and the work took 2 hours to straighten the metel paint it and dry it. took it back the next week to have the last coat put on. but ford tried to get me to pay big bucks and treated me a idiot just because im 17. im not the smartest in the world but i know i haven't slung a rod. i also know they aint in my intake either. so i feel for you and good luck on your warrenty work.