New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

08 Stock F250 Diesel Exhaust problems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:51 PM
wakbrdn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Stock F250 Diesel Exhaust problems...

OK so I am new to diesel trucks and new on here. I think this might not even be in the right place (gotta learn this site).

OK so here is the problem (and this might be a repeat sorry if it is)

I bought a new F250 2008 6.4L Diesel....It is stock without one thing done to it. My truck does the white smoke when it goes into reg mode. My fuel mileage drops from 15 or so to 8 mpg. Now I know this is supposed to happen ever so often however I just dont think it is supposed to happen every 25 miles or so. I have had it to the dealership several times. The tell me that this should not happen but about every 10k miles. It has already fouled out my injectors (yes all of them) one time. So after them reprograming the pc on it 3 times it still does it. The dealership told me to calll the 800 number to ford. I did so and they adv me that this was huge issue and they are getting ready to write a new software to stop these trucks from doing this. They told me that they would be issuing a huge
recall to reprogram this computers on all the trucks with a 6.4L. This was about two weeks ago when they told me this. They call from time to time and tell me it is stilll not ready.

So... Anyone else had this issue and also have the told you the same????

I told them I wanted to change my exhaust and delete the DPF filter and they said that it was tied into the injectors and if I change it, it will try to do it all the time. That will cause them to to foul out all the injectors again. They said when it goes in to reg mode it dumps more fuel and if it cant get hot enough to burn it (since it changes the back pressure) out, then that is what causes them to foul out.

Is this true???

Honestly for the truck to have on 13k miles on it and to be doing this every 25 miles I am very upset. Also it is embarrising to drive since I cloud out the people behind me. It does not last 1 min like I have read it lasts on mine for 10 to 15 min with the smoke!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Hi wakbrdn, welcome to FTE.

Try posting you questions in one of the site's tech forums. The members there will be able to assist you with your questions.

Check out the VA chapter FTE has for local members and don't forget to JOIN.
You can find the chapter here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/

Glad to have you as a member, enjoy the site.

Are you going to the ATN's in Carlisle next week?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to FTE