Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'89 f250 electrical/running problems relapse

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
gust
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'89 f250 electrical/running problems relapse

hi everyone,

i finally got everything worked out & running well with the f250 (after at least one tow & many hundreds of dollars...but we're still only into it $2300 or so total). everything has been working perfect for the last 900 miles from ventura,ca to eugene, oregon. then this morning we try to start it up and it fires fine (one of the main issues we had before the ignition switch was replaced), but then idles all erratic, has a loud whirring noise, and the power windows, wipers, and stereo are magically gone again (but working when the key is ON or in the back position). when i shut it off, the loud whirring sound keeps spinning down until it is finally quiet.

i didn't get much info from the shop who put in the ignition and got back our electrical system, besides a mention of finding the issue "inside" rather than in the wiring under the hood, and a bit about resetting the computer to fix the somewhat high idle it had going when i got it.

any ideas what might have happened while it sat overnight to cause the crazy running/idle & electrical weirdness this morning? something with the computer?

please help! THANKS

Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 PM
gust
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
um...embarrassing...the KEY was stuck in the crank position. eased it back a bit and we're runnin' normal again - hooray.

thanks, y'all