1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Weekend Progress Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend Progress Update

Got my seat back from upholstery. I've been scanning swapmeets and Craigslist for over a year. Finally decided to just get my original set redone. Truck will be black & silver some day to match the seat. Also got all my lights wired this weekend with the help of my Dad. Funny story though we had an extra wire from the turn signal we couldn't figure out. Also we could not get the brake lights and turn signal to work together. From searching the forum here of course I found out the extra wire should go to the brake switch. Was a little bummed when brake lights still did not work, had my 8 year old pushing the pedal while I stood behind the truck. Got a great laugh when my 8 year old stood in front of the truck and I pushed the brake pedal. The front turn signals are my brake lights.

Attached Images   
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like a brand new seat. I checked out your progress site, looks like you are closing in on a very nice looking truck. Bet you can,t wait to put it on the road.