6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Power Loss............Again!!!!!!!!?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:43 PM
BAF350
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Loss............Again!!!!!!!!?????

Hey all, I know this has been covered but my searches haven't turned up what I'm looking for.

My '03 6.0L has absolutely no power until it warms up..again. I say again because this happened a few years ago and the new flash took care of the problem right away.

The truck runs great after it warms up, around 140F or so. I can turn my tune up and over fuel and it is good from the get go but I hate to do that for no good reason.

Thanks,
Eli

Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
supertruck60
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stiction might be the cause

Originally Posted by BAF350
Hey all, I know this has been covered but my searches haven't turned up what I'm looking for.

My '03 6.0L has absolutely no power until it warms up..again. I say again because this happened a few years ago and the new flash took care of the problem right away.

The truck runs great after it warms up, around 140F or so. I can turn my tune up and over fuel and it is good from the get go but I hate to do that for no good reason.

Thanks,
Eli
Hey Eli,

Sorry to hear you are suffering performance problems.

Do you think that the injectors might be malfunctioning? Can you run the codes to see if they come up faulty?

I'd like to recommend running a treatment of Hot Shot's Secret through it to see if it will help.

It was designed for International to clean up stiction which is the leading cause of injector failure in the 6.0. It was tested and proven safe and effective for the engine. It carries a money back guarantee so there is never a risk to try it.

You can find us on the web at www.lubricationspecialties.com

Feel free to call us anytime if you have questions 1-800-341-6516

Best Regards,
Dan