Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Found a truck good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Found a truck good or bad?

"text/html; charset=utf-8">****** name="ProgId" content<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.ebay {mso-style-name:ebay;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> As you my have seen I’m looking for a truck I found one but it is 975miles from here in Alabama it is in Prescott, MI. it has 140k miles 2002 f-350 srw cc long bed 4x4 it think it is XLT not 100% the bid is $6,100, he had sold it 3weeks ago but the man could not pay so he relisted it last time it was $10,000. He says that it is in great shape that it has some rust in the side where the running board rubbed; he said that he has driven it from Michigan to Florida 50 times and never had a problem. Say he did not drive it much on slated roads as he lives in a rule area. Clams it is in like new condition and from the pics it looks good but not like looking at it. I will see if I can get a link to work and pic. Dose this look like a good deal bid is low and don’t know if I should be considered.
Thanks Matt

could not get pics or link I# on ebay is 180375041001.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to say what condition it is in without actually looking at it. Maybe we can find a member here on FTE who lives in the area and can take a few minutes to go take a look at it.

The mileage is not a concern...biggest issue with these vehicles is deferred maintenance. If they aren't taken care of, might as well buy a giant oily paperweight.

For 10k, I think you could find a vehicle near you instead of sight unseen...these trucks are selling for pretty good prices these days.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
I had the same thought but in Alabama the same truck is selling for over $13,000, dont know why but they seam hight here. My family has had good luck with buying cars unseen but it would be great to find one closer.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
We have some members in Missouri. Maybe someone close by will chime in. Can you carfax this vehicle, make sure it hasn't been in for some major work at the dealer?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree with Lisa, see if you can do a car-fax to see if there was any problems. For me personally, if I can't be right there to check it out or have somebody do a once over for me, it wouldn't happen. Buyer beware, if their selling for 13,000 around you and that ones 6000.00, have it checked out. Maybe the fella backed out for other reasons, just some senario's.. Good luck though

Old 07-02-2009, 02:57 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
Thanks for the help. but if he had the truck worked on some where besides the dealer will the car fax show that, how do you do the car fax? I don't think that the bid will stay that low but at 9,000 if the truck where good would this be a good price? i think maintenance is key but if it is a rust bucket then you have a good motor and on dead frame, with that said would there be a high possibility that it will rust sens it is from the north?

Old 07-02-2009, 05:09 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
would this be a good deal or bad? Bump

Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
I hate salted vehicles.
There's a reason the southern trucks are more expensive.
They don't salt the roads down there.
The northern trucks are getting really rusty now and the paint might be ok, but everything underneath is corroded.
Any sort of repairs usually involve a lot of PB-blaster, cussing, and wholesale replacement of everything.
Easily eats up the price difference in added expense in repairs.
Did I mention I hate salted vehicles.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:42 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would definitely get a carfax on it it. I just looked at the pics and noticed it is missing the ford emblem on the airbag. Every 02 I have seen has one unless it has been replaced due to deployment, but there may be some exceptions. The other thing I noticed is the button next to the 4wd switch. Looks like the reverse aid switch, but the rear bumper does not have the sensors. Just odd if you ask me.

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1001&viewitem=

Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
i think it is a lemon there are no 4x4 stickers on the bed, it may have been painted. and the salt i hear is a very bad thing. Thanks for the input i think i will keep looking.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:29 PM
12ozd
Posting Guru

[quote=snakedoc;7673207]Thanks for the help. but if he had the truck worked on some where besides the dealer will the car fax show that, /quote]

No carfax is a joke,save your money !

Originally Posted by snakedoc
i think it is a lemon there are no 4x4 stickers on the bed, it may have been painted. and the salt i hear is a very bad thing.
Run Forrest run !!