Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Is there an option that you wish you had bought?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:25 PM
mgermany
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there an option that you wish you had bought?

For those of you who already are lucky enough to own a 2009 F150, is there an option that you didn't get when you bought the truck that you now wish you had?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
wi_bigfoot
Freshman User
I just picked up my 09 XLT today. To me the stock rims are pretty blah and it came with General tires. Not too familiar with them and would have preferred Goodyear. Options that I didn't get that I will miss I haven't found yet. My 08 Chevy had lights in the visor mirrors this one doesn't but I never used them so no big deal. The same with the rear window defroster. I'm probably looking at it more that my 08 had it so I felt in some areas the new truck is lacking in comparable options.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
matt57
New User
man step and cargo box side steps

Old 06-20-2009, 10:05 PM
big_ole_truck
Senior User
Don't have the sunroof...and don't want it (purposely sought a truck w/o sunroof).
Don't have the nav....and don't want it.

Have the adjustable pedals.....wished I didn't have it (never use it).
Have the rear sliding glass window....wished I didn't have it (auto climate control works well - would rather have the solid glass with defroster).
Have the skid plates...wished I didn't have it (truck came that way, sitting on dealer's lot).

There isn't a missing option on my KR I wished I had.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:33 PM
rc6869
Senior User
Rear view camera, and tbc. Both are on the way though.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:44 PM
digitalamish
New User
Cruise, which I finally got installed. I was really torn I didn't go for the 4x4 model. That's not exactly something you can do aftermarket.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 PM
pkvir
Senior User
My truck had everything I wanted but also had the "man step" After a weekend of camping, I am glad I have it. Until you use it, you don't know how great it is, especially for this 40 something body I have.

I would have like to the Nav, but still not worth the 2K for me.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nav...i've been kicking myself for two years on the nav system on my 07....

Old 06-21-2009, 01:04 AM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nav/Sony audio... but I can't have a floor shift, which means I'm limited to an XLT, which means no nav/Sony audio.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
OEM Dvd system

you can go cheaper with aftermarket, but nothing works as well as OEM, or is so well integrated with other systems

Old 06-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Hammerhead1550
Junior User
Back up camera. I have the man step and side steps and love them both (after seeing the man step on the old super duty, it was a must have option, and like a previous poster said you don't know how nice it is till you have to use it.) Wish I could have gotten leather seats but I bought a XLT and you can only get leather in a Lariat and above. My truck came with Sync which I normally wouldn’t have ordered, but glad it’s there because it is really a nice option, and I do use it a lot, so something to consider when buying.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:11 AM
wi_bigfoot
Freshman User
Remote start. Thought of this one last night. Old truck had it. This one didn't come with it. Only used it in the winter and it was handy.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 AM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Options I wish my truck had:

1. Trailer brake controller. The factory one looks a lot cleaner than aftermarket, and there's not a great place to install one if you have the console. Truck didn't come with it, and the aftermarket one from my old truck works fine, so I couldn't see spending the cash to buy another one from Ford.

2. Big_ole_truck's skid plates (since you don't want them). All of my trucks either already had them, or I installed them. It may be a good thing that I don't have them, because so far it has kept me from doing any serious off-roading. That's what the 4-wheeler is for anyway.

Options that I didn't think my truck needed, but I now couldn't see myself living without:

1. Nav system: I've amazed myself at how much I actually use this. One of my favorite things about it is that if you have Nav, the backup camera comes up on the big nav screen instead of the tiny image on the mirror. These 2 together make hooking up a trailer 100% easier. Never would have ordered it but love it now that I have it.

2. Man step: I never thought this thing would be worth the money as an option, but boy was I wrong. It's one of those things that until you use it, you don't fully appreciate how nice it is.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
The one option i have that i really am glad i have is 4x4 as i have been a few places where 2wd just couldnt cut it. I was at the lake house again this weekend and i needed to move some stuff from the top of the garden. 2wd couldnt even get me 10ft up the lower part of the slope but 4wd got me all the way to the top with zero wheel spin and this was with wet grass. I didnt expect the tires to work very well on wet grass but they were great. A few weeks before i had to pull my trailer up the same grade but it was dry and it worked just as good then also. Trailer weights 6k+ and def didnt expect it to do that so easy.

Here's the slope

Old 06-21-2009, 09:57 AM
big_ole_truck
Senior User
Originally Posted by cpdorroh
Options I wish my truck had:

2. Big_ole_truck's skid plates (since you don't want them). All of my trucks either already had them, or I installed them. It may be a good thing that I don't have them, because so far it has kept me from doing any serious off-roading. That's what the 4-wheeler is for anyway.

Nah, it was an option that I could have lived without. But since it's on the truck, I'm too lazy to take it off. The only time I offroad is when the right side tires go past the rumble strips on the side of the road.

Quick Reply: Is there an option that you wish you had bought?