Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Flaresidebear
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Newbie here!

Hi guys....been a ford lover for years. Last week bought a beautiful 92 flareside. In pretty good shape, but I want to improve it a little. Can anyone tell me where to find good aftermarket parts. For instance, my grill is a little faded and I would like to replace with new. Also, can anyone tell me if its possible to find original style taillight that are LED?
Any info or advice would be great.

Thanks

Old 05-17-2009, 10:57 AM
pc_2000
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!

Welcome to FTE! There are many places you can find different OE parts. The one I use most, which I believe is a site sponsor here (correct me if I'm wrong) is lmctrucks.com. They have good parts at reasonable prices.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
goodB0Y
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can also try the local parts stores... my front grill cost me less than 50 bucks at a local parts store here.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Flaresidebear
New User
Thanks

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate the information and the website for replacements parts. I am really loving this truck...my only concern is the way
it shifts into overdrive. It really thuds when it goes into gear. I had it put on the rack the other day to check for a possible exhaust leak and i was shocked to see how rusty it was underneath. But i guess thats to be expected after 17 years.

Again thanks for all the help.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
welcome to the site now lets see some pics man i cant help with auto trannys, not my style and you headers will probably look like they can crumble at any second before they even think about leaking

Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what is your motor tranny combo? guessing a 5.0/E4OD. but good looking truck. just go to his profile he has an album. Love the silver. if you scroll down towards the middle of this page and look to the left of your screen while on this sight you see all the site sponsors. those are your best bet for good parts for these trucks.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flaresidebear
Thanks for all the help. I appreciate the information and the website for replacements parts. I am really loving this truck...my only concern is the way
it shifts into overdrive. It really thuds when it goes into gear. I had it put on the rack the other day to check for a possible exhaust leak and i was shocked to see how rusty it was underneath. But i guess thats to be expected after 17 years.

Again thanks for all the help.
just a tip if ya really love that truck address the rust problem NOW -I lost a good truck to rust -got way out of control-clean wire brush /sand blast and coat well as soon as possible -rust don't sleep-good luck and enjoy that truck!

Old 05-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Flaresidebear
New User
Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, i have the 5.0 with the AOD tranny. Everything seems to be in good working order on the truck. I am really enjoying it. Gas mileage sucks, but thats to be expected. It does idle a little rough and maybe just a tad bit fast, but I will be doing a tune-up on it soon. Thanks for the tip on the rust...i have been contemplating doing exactly as u said with the wire brush and a good undercoating.

Currently it has a "turbo" muffler on it with the single side exhaust. I am trying to decide what i want to go with....the turbe is ok...not real loud, however it seems when it gets good and warm it does sound better. I am trying to decide if i want to go 40 series delta flow flowmaster with dual out the back or leave it just a single side exhaust. I like the thought of duals, however seems like ever truck around has dual rear exhaust....suppose i could go duals behind each tire. Not sure....dont want it super loud, but would love a real aggressive sound out if it.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
94XLTFLAREI6
Senior User
Yes you need a LMC catalog to read at night... nice to see more flaresides here. We all know about the rusty undercarrages in these trucks... I also have started addressing the very same thing, I have wire wheeled and coated bout 2/3 of my undercarrage so far.... though I seem to be on break from that now. LOL....