New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New guy from Northern Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 AM
relaxednoma
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy from Northern Kentucky

Hey all,

New member here from Northern Kentucky. New to Ford trucks, but not to the automotive world, and trucks in general. I'm a hot rodder/muscle car/truck guy at heart. I like just about anything automotive. My wife (well we both did lol) just came into possession of her great grandfathers 1977 Ford F100 2wd. Truck has a 351/auto trans in it. Truck has been in her family since new. He passed in September 06 (right after my wifes father lost his battle to cancer in the same month) so the truck has of course sentimental value and she relishes the memories of riding in the bed during small town parades (such as Walton, Ky). She is a hot rodder/car girl as well. She grew up drag racing herself along with her father, so there will not be a shortage of power.

Anywho. The plans for the truck are to completely go over it from bumper to bumper. Going to build the motor up with a fresh rebuild, nice cam, headers, intake, etc. Lots of goodies. The truck is not originally a V8 truck, but her dad and great grandfather put the 351 in some years back. Going to lower it a good amount, no air suspension though, I'd like to see some billets on it, 18x8ish in front and 18x10 in back, something along the lines of the Intro RTE 66. Going to change out for all discs all around. I want the truck to be a good driver we'll be trading off between driving the F100 and my sonoma to cruise ins/shows etc. Or she'll be taking this and I'll be taking the sonoma lol. We are going to preserve as much of the original heritage though that he put into the truck. In the coming days I'll get some more detailed pics and info. I have a lot of learning to do about these trucks and am very excited (as any true hot rodder would be) about getting the ball rolling on this.

This is the one picture I can scrounge up of the truck right now. This is my wifes cousin Drew driving the truck a year or so ago in the memorial parade

And this is a picture of our almost 4 month old daughter, Gracie (will be 4 months on the 13th) in the drivers seat after we got the truck home and safe in the garage.

And here is my personal project truck, which as we all know, they are never ending lol.

'01 Sonoma, full air suspension, slightly built 4.3 (giving way for a V8 next winter) headers, 17x7 and 18x8 Coy's C57 polished, cowl hood, flamed, billet grills, painted interior, tubbed/line-x'd bed etc.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Hi Relaxed, welcome to FTE!

Great lookin 77 you have right there. Looks like it was well taken care of by your wife's great grandfather.

Check out the local Ford owners in the KY chapter of FTE here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum151/

Glad to have you as a member, enjoy the site.