1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

'56 Headlight Switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Woodsman_30350
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'56 Headlight Switch

Awhile back Julie posted a diagram of the '56 headlight switch. On the diagram she has the "R" terminal being for running lights. Is that the same as tailights? I am wiring my EZ Wiring harness and need to know where to connect the tailight wire to.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi Woodsman!

Here is that post you were talking about:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ht-switch.html

Just a little translation for you.

Your tail lights in the back have one bulb with two filiments- "Running Lights" and "Brake Lights." So yes "Running Lights" are "Tail Lghts." Brake lights should be labeled "Brake Lights."

If you have signal lights, the little lights in the front also have two filiments - "Signal Light", and "Parking Light" (in the back, the signals use the brake light filiment to flash)

I think the rest is self explanitory. Here's the picture again if you need it:

OBTW, If you folks search and can't find a particular post, that had a drwaing in it that I posted, let me know. I couldn't find the thread for the link above using the absolutely worthless search, but if I try to download the picture again, that function will not allow me to download it again, but provides me with a link to where I originally downloaded it - so I have a "back door" to find stuff.

Let me know if you need any help Wood!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Woodsman_30350
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks as always Julie. I got the explanation and will hook it up. By the way, I probably spend more time in your Gallery than you do.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Woodsman_30350
Thanks as always Julie. I got the explanation and will hook it up. By the way, I probably spend more time in your Gallery than you do.
Have you been in there since I organized it and Imported all the drawings and stuff? About 2 weeks ago?

I started the original 3 galleries from pictures I would post in threads when they were needed - in no particular order. Now I can actually find stuff.

And there's a lot of good info in them for all the weird stuff too - like full front tilts, visors, and gauges!

When I draw up a component fro someone, I add it as well - so there are updates - epsecially to the electrical Gallery

If you ever need a picture of something, let me know and I'll take one, if I can, and add it!