It was all going so well... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

It was all going so well...

Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Postmaster

Archion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputation
It was all going so well...

See this post....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...g-so-well.html

I picked the wrong time to quit smoking...lol still doing good though, going on 3 weeks now.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Dang, that sucks! At least once you get the other one out (or break it) they're long enough to give you something to grab ahold of with vice grips! The water pump should pull straight off right?

Congrats on the smoking part though....
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
Does that tensioner bolt actually go into the block or is it threaded into the water pump boss?

I know what you mean about the wrong time to try to quite smoking.
Two weeks for me, but yesterday I did smoke several of my wifes.
Hard to break 38 years of habit.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Elder User

Paul T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sears has that new easy out tool they have been advertising lately. Maybe it is time for some new tools. Yeah,Yeah, new tools!!!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...bolt+extractor
Old 04-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Postmaster

Archion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputationArchion has a superb reputation
mmmmm Tools..... unfortunately, if I buy more tools, I will be dead...

It actually went all the way in to the block, my two friends Oxygen and Acetylene helped me out. I have updated the post and added a gallery link.

Only 16 years smoking for me, but even with the Frosty adult beverages, I'm doing OK, I just wish they made a gum that went good with barley and hops...lol

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
ahhhhh... the red wrench to the rescue!

Looks like you got the last one out without breaking it so you only had one to fight instead of two...?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Postmaster

The first one was already loose, just funk holding it in the pump and timing cover, just had to use some leverage with trim puller on that on. The broken one I had to cook.

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > >