Sponsored by: Moser

Spray On Bed Liner Question on 09

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 AM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a truck, or a Ferrari?

Hey, the Gold tag you're talking about is a dealer choice. Mine is Silver, but my 02 was Gold. I asked if there was a difference. It has nothing to do with the application of the product though. Just wanted to share that with you. To caveat, the silver one holds the Rhino logo longer than the gold one in the car wash though. Must have something to do with the anodization on the metal.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChargersFanInCO
Is it a truck, or a Ferrari?

Hey, the Gold tag you're talking about is a dealer choice. Mine is Silver, but my 02 was Gold. I asked if there was a difference. It has nothing to do with the application of the product though. Just wanted to share that with you. To caveat, the silver one holds the Rhino logo longer than the gold one in the car wash though. Must have something to do with the anodization on the metal.
Yeah sounds like it's plateing aint upto much on the gold one. But Bartstar sure is funny. He comes out with some random stuff lol

Old 03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
I thought I would step in and clear up some confusion.

The threaded holes are for the optional track rail system. If you don't plan on installing the system, go ahead and cover them up.

The large holes that have a rubber cover are used in the manufacturing process. It's OK to spray over those.

Deciding which is the "best" bedliner is subjective. So, I'll give you some facts. The most common Rhino bedliner products are Tuff Stuff (low pressure), Tuff Grip (modified Tuff Stuff so that it can go through a high pressure machine), and Hardline (high pressure). Rhino dealers may offer all, some, or just one of those products, so you need to ask what they are selling you. LINE-X has several products also, but the XS-100 product (high pressure) is the main bedliner product. According to the technical data sheets of the Rhino products and LINE-X XS-100, LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength than Tuff Grip and Hardline and LINE-X has more than double the tear strength of Tuff Stuff. In addition, LINE-X offers an optional product called Xtra. Xtra is a co-branded LINE-X/DuPont product. Xtra resists fading and loss of gloss, is more stain resistant, and is fortified with DuPont Kevlar (which is 5 times stronger than steel). Rhino does not offer such a product.

Both LINE-X and Rhino have military applications. However, only LINE-X was chosen as a blast mitigation product for the U.S. Pentagon. In 2001, the U.S Air Force tested 23 spray products, only LINE-X passed their tests. More recently, Force Protection chose LINE-X as a coating for their MRAP vehicles.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
I thought I would step in and clear up some confusion.

The threaded holes are for the optional track rail system. If you don't plan on installing the system, go ahead and cover them up.

The large holes that have a rubber cover are used in the manufacturing process. It's OK to spray over those.

Deciding which is the "best" bedliner is subjective. So, I'll give you some facts. The most common Rhino bedliner products are Tuff Stuff (low pressure), Tuff Grip (modified Tuff Stuff so that it can go through a high pressure machine), and Hardline (high pressure). Rhino dealers may offer all, some, or just one of those products, so you need to ask what they are selling you. LINE-X has several products also, but the XS-100 product (high pressure) is the main bedliner product. According to the technical data sheets of the Rhino products and LINE-X XS-100, LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength than Tuff Grip and Hardline and LINE-X has more than double the tear strength of Tuff Stuff. In addition, LINE-X offers an optional product called Xtra. Xtra is a co-branded LINE-X/DuPont product. Xtra resists fading and loss of gloss, is more stain resistant, and is fortified with DuPont Kevlar (which is 5 times stronger than steel). Rhino does not offer such a product.

Both LINE-X and Rhino have military applications. However, only LINE-X was chosen as a blast mitigation product for the U.S. Pentagon. More recently, Force Protection chose LINE-X as a coating for their MRAP vehicles.

Nope rhino liner is better because it has a gold badge.

Sorry bartstar i just had to do it lol

Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
lol....and everyone will gasp and stare with envy when they see the gold badge which says "Rhino" on it...

I have Rhino Tuff Grip, and I'm happy with it. Had the Line-X on my 02, and was happy with it also. How can that be?