Sponsored by: DP Tuner

adrenaline installed! and the rest of the story

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:15 AM
ONE BAD EXCURSION
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
I'll tell you what. if somebody wants to show up and take pictures I'll share my beer with you.....but neither hell nor high water (likely the latter at this point ) is going to keep me from putting this pump on.

Yep. I posted them in my Adrenaline thread. Been running ICP and IPR % constantly since then. It's very consistent. Bob has asked me to pull the chip completely to get a baser baseline, and I'll do that tomorrow, er, rather this morning.

No worries. Takes a good bit more than this to pressure me. I'll let you guys know if I'm happy with it just the same as I if I'm disappointed with it.

I would ask for one favor from everyone.....please ease up on the new guy a bit. It doesn't take much digging to figure out that this guy: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/member.php?u=503928 is this guy:https://www.dieselsite.com/adrenaline/BryanA.html Being that he's been running this pump for two months I'm inclined to take him at his word. All he's really said is that he's happy with it....and if my truck responds the same way his did you can bet your booty that I'll be doing the happy dance out in the street.
Cookie thanks for the vote of Confidence. The pump has been more than I have expected. Sorry if I confused anyone earlyer about my mods. The injectors and the chip were done over a year ago,so Tony needed to redurn the chip for the higher icp pressures.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys and girls check out the rest of the story in my latest post "Adreneline and towing".
I don't know how to "link" to it but check it out. If you plan on towing, this pump is one fine option. and Chris, the EGTs are actually down with the higher numbers. better pressures=better spray pattern= more efficiant burn=lower EGT
Barney

Old 04-04-2009, 12:05 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bfife
Guys and girls check out the rest of the story in my latest post "Adreneline and towing". I don't know how to "link" to it but check it out. Barney
Link to Barney's thread "Adreneline and towing". CLICK HERE

Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 AM
bfife
still plays with trucks

thanks Robin

Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bfife
thanks Robin
My pleasure Barney.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:52 AM
JimTJr
New User
Originally Posted by SilverDually
Um 2750 PSI, My new pump makes 3200 PSI and mine is also a single pump, and NO its not a stealth
OK,,, what pump is it?

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JimTJr
OK,,, what pump is it?
The High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP)

Old 04-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Neal, I think the question was: "A terminator, or other such pump?"

Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 AM
TerminatorEng.
Senior User
Originally Posted by JimTJr
OK,,, what pump is it?
Yes, it's one of mine.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
fordf350crazy
Senior User
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke
i been fallowing a couple forums on this pump and there seems to be quite a few new posters bragging this pump up...a couple had no clue what they was talking about...why up untill this week are new posters the only one that seems to have this pump ??

ive seen a few ##'s posted on this mump.....im glad i got the pump i have with about $300 invested in it.. my chip isnt programed for it ether..
Where did you get the moded 17* pump for $300 from?

Old 05-29-2009, 06:34 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fordf350crazy
Where did you get the moded 17* pump for $300 from?
It's a modded Terminator from the poster above yours. I think he did some dealing with some other parts to get it at that price. The best bet would be to pm, email, or call Joey at Terminator Engineering about the modded 17* pump.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
what Ryan said..

Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 AM
RFD_Truckie
Senior User
Could someone give me a quick down a dirty on what the numbers that are being talked about mean? i.e. Duty cycle, Pulse width etc. Just a quick version would be fine. I am assuming that as the revs get higher, the pump works more, so that is why injector pressure drops?

As my sig says, I am still stock and I am planning what I am gonna do, (Just gotta get gauges first). I have had my truck just under a year and I am reading here everyday to learn and decide what to do and in what order. I am probably nowhere near needing to know numbers yet, but hey, I may win the lottery .

Sorry for the but I am still a and learning everyday.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
No problems on the questions Hab. How else can you learn. The fuel injectors fire off of engine oil. The HPOP (high pressure oil pump) is what creates this high pressure engine oil. There's a drain that this oil goes through to return back to the engine, and some of it goes to the oil rails in the heads to fire the injectors.

When you press the skinny pedal the truck calls for more power. That's when the IPR (injection pressure regulator) starts to squeeze off this drain path, which diverts more of the oil to the oil rails. Higher IPR % means more of the drain is plugged off to build higher pressure. Kind of the same principle as placing your thumb on the end of the garden hose. The more of the hose end you cover, the higher the pressure. That's not exactly how everything works, but it should give you a general overview.

Since the new pump can flow a higher volume, IPR % should be lower for the same pressure than the stock pump. This becomes a factor when you start adding a bunch of mods and you run out of volume to maintain the desired pressure at the top end, or under heavy acceleration.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 AM
mongo75
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to PM Joey at Terminator BUT HIS IN BOX IS FULL!!! Hey Joey if you get this shoot me a PM please LOL. And clean out your in box!!

Quick Reply: adrenaline installed! and the rest of the story