1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anzo headlights 06

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
allstarfb7
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anzo headlights 06

hey i have a 2006 f250 and i recently purchased the anzo headlights with the eagle eyes, and today when i tried to install them they wouldnt fit , the plug for the parking lights/ turn signal(orange bulb) turns to the right instead of left so it wont fit, anyone else experience this problem or know of a way to fix it?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:19 AM
tazo
Elder User
I put Anzo's in my 05. I only did it because my truck was hit and destroyed one of the headlights. I was going on a trip for in a few days and they were the only headlights I could find that I could get on time for the trip. Since the front was dented up I had to take a hack saw and file to one of the lights to get it fixed. Then once I got it to fit I discovered that the bulb socket was the opposite of what the stock one was. I was mad since I no longer could return the headlights. So I took out my hack saw, file and snips and cut the socket on the headlight so the plug would fit in the stock position. It was really frustrating to pay hard earned money for a product that was not manufactured correctly. I also noticed that the side markers and the 3 little front lights didn't light up. I emailed anzo with pictures and the told me to switch the leads on the headlight. Now that I have them installed I am happy with them. They are an improvement over the stock lights. After they are installed they need to be adjusted correctly. I kept a socket with me and adjusted them until they seemed about where they should be. No body has flashed me so I know they aren't aimed to high. I also aimed them a little on the low so side so when I hook up the trailer they aren't too high.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
allstarfb7
Freshman User
ya thats the same problem i am having! i agree its very frustrating to pay 400 dollars take your truck apart then realize they dont fit and partly dont work. so how exactly did you file them to make the plug fit in the right direction? and so did you replace the 3 leds in the middle? if so with what? because my leds dont light up either and arent they suppose to light up with the eagle eyes? and if possible could you send me pictures of them on? thank you

Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 PM
allstarfb7
Freshman User
can any1 else help? i have to sit and look at these headlights and not put them on

Old 03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
tazo
Elder User
So I can give it another shot. Take the stock headlight out and set it side by side to the anzo headlight. Observe the openings for the light socket. What I did was use a hacksaw blade to cut where the openings should be. I then used snips to get out the majority of material. I then used a file to finish up and clean the cut outs. I used the stock headlight for fit. If I had my dremel tool with me I would have used it. It would of saved a lot of time. As for the 3 small light and side markers this is a quote from the email from tech support.
"on the side of the headlight were the 194 plugs into twist and pull out and you will see a black and plue wire. unplug it from the socket turn it around and plug back in the wires are backwards"
The only other thing that would work instead of cutting new grooves for the headlight would be to cut out the molding on the truck. I didn't want to do this. I was worried about water intrusion.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you guys have pictures of those lights. I am going to be in the market for some new headlights and I am tossed up between the HD lights and maybe something else...just looking for some ideas.

Sarge

Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
x2 on pics!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blah. My Harley Lights from Fleabay look better =P Never was a fan of Euro lights.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Storm,

I agree they dont impress me and neither does the price. Do you have the seller that you bought your HD lights from. I have been looking around and now that I have seen pictures of those I made my mind up.

Thanks for making my decision easier,

Sarge

BTW..nice smoke in your mirror

Old 03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Sarge261
Storm,

I agree they dont impress me and neither does the price. Do you have the seller that you bought your HD lights from. I have been looking around and now that I have seen pictures of those I made my mind up.

Thanks for making my decision easier,

Sarge

BTW..nice smoke in your mirror
Thanks.

eBay Motors: 04 2004 FORD F250 F350 SUPER DUTY 07 HARLEY HEADLIGHTS (item 390037914863 end time Mar-26-09 18:05:46 PDT)

Here's where I got em. Was like $189 shipped and they are good. I love em, but didn't love the massive cutting I had to do to make em fit lol.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Thanks,

I will have to search his store to find the ones I want. I already have an 06 so I wont have to cut mine up. Thanks for the link, it will give me something to do later.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
allstarfb7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tazo
"on the side of the headlight were the 194 plugs into twist and pull out and you will see a black and plue wire. unplug it from the socket turn it around and plug back in the wires are backwards"
what are the 194 plugs? and so are u saying to get the 3 little LEDS to work all i have to do is plug this wire in a different way and they will work? and do i have to remove the back of the headlight to get to it?

i agree i would much rather cut into the headlight than my truck. but are the headlights loose or wiggle at all?

and also do u have any pictures with them installed on your truck i would love to see them.
thank you

Old 03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
allstarfb7
Freshman User
sunday i decided to stop stalling and just go for it, and after about only 3 mins of filing and cutting on both plugs i got them to fit perfectly, and thank you for the info on turning around the 194 plug, i also decided to setup the halos to one of my auxillary switches so i can have them on whenever i want and i love the look of them! just driving around today i already saw numerous people turning heads to look at them. love the headlights but i am not very impressed with the tech support and the people at anzo i wouldnt recommend them.

and also for one more question, the parking lights bulbs (3157) that are orange i replaced with clear bulbs which is a small improvement but i dont like the yellowish look compared to the white/blue led/halo look, so do you know where i could get bulbs that are like xenon blue/white for the parking light? ive been looking but no luck

Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by allstarfb7
sunday i decided to stop stalling and just go for it, and after about only 3 mins of filing and cutting on both plugs i got them to fit perfectly, and thank you for the info on turning around the 194 plug, i also decided to setup the halos to one of my auxillary switches so i can have them on whenever i want and i love the look of them! just driving around today i already saw numerous people turning heads to look at them. love the headlights but i am not very impressed with the tech support and the people at anzo i wouldnt recommend them.

and also for one more question, the parking lights bulbs (3157) that are orange i replaced with clear bulbs which is a small improvement but i dont like the yellowish look compared to the white/blue led/halo look, so do you know where i could get bulbs that are like xenon blue/white for the parking light? ive been looking but no luck
Check your local DOT laws, that may be illegal for parking lights. I know most, if not all, states require amber park and red rear marker lights.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM
allstarfb7
Freshman User
ya it is illegal but i only plan on having them for show

Quick Reply: anzo headlights 06