Notices

Clear Coat Chipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 AM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clear Coat Chipping

Out of the several cars that I have, I am having a problem with the clear coat chipping on my 97 Accord. I used to post here and gave much advice for Ford trucks, I figured you guys could give me a few pointers on my the paint on this one because is applicable to all vehicles.

The coating above the paint has started to slowly chip away and it looks HORRIBLE. two large sections are two different tones.

I know real solution is to sand everything down and redo everything But considering I am a college student and don't feel like spending money on something I don't need, what is a quick solution so I can not freak out every time I see my car?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 AM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's not a whole lot you can do. You can smooth the edges around the chips so they look a little less noticeable, but you'll know they are there. Once smoothed out, you can fill them with clear coat touch up and wet sand it back down and it might help a little more.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
06ford5.4
Freshman User
yeah not to much you can do with peeling clearcoat man!!

Old 05-02-2009, 03:27 PM
mybrownie
Junior User
Originally Posted by acerockola77
Out of the several cars that I have, I am having a problem with the clear coat chipping on my 97 Accord. I used to post here and gave much advice for Ford trucks, I figured you guys could give me a few pointers on my the paint on this one because is applicable to all vehicles.

The coating above the paint has started to slowly chip away and it looks HORRIBLE. two large sections are two different tones.

I know real solution is to sand everything down and redo everything But considering I am a college student and don't feel like spending money on something I don't need, what is a quick solution so I can not freak out every time I see my car?
I have a 95 corolla and it has a CC problem. What I have done is wet sand with 1200 to 1500 grit. Be careful, I went through the paint in a couple of areas...but overall it looks much better.
Good luck.