Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Virginia Chapter March bs/chat all welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:56 AM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am getting lessons when the mason comes back from deployment in a month-ish. my friend promised, cause he's getting random jeep parts shipped to my house while they're still out, lol! (even though i threatened to steal his 38s for my truck!! )

anyways enjoy the nice weather...i'm going to play outside pretty much all weekend and see what i can get fixed. come help me if yall get bored...fuel filter, bumper shim, door handle...my list is long!

Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
i am getting lessons when the mason comes back from deployment in a month-ish. my friend promised, cause he's getting random jeep parts shipped to my house while they're still out, lol! (even though i threatened to steal his 38s for my truck!! )

anyways enjoy the nice weather...i'm going to play outside pretty much all weekend and see what i can get fixed. come help me if yall get bored...fuel filter, bumper shim, door handle...my list is long!
Sent you a pm where you at out there

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
good morning neighbors

Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Hey guys and gals,

spring break starts today for me so i will be at home in NOVA. Since we have dialup at the house, its hard for me to check the site. I will try my hardest to be in here a few times in the coming week, but no promises lol. So if ya'll don't see me for a few days at a time, I apologize, its not by choice. Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather, I know i sure will. Take care

Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User
It's summertime again

Went out to the yard and got the wiper fluid nozzles I needed and while I was out there got pics of the area I think has a micro leak of water at the lower water neck asmbly. What is suprising to me is the combination of water and oil filter on the same part on the block. So now I need to get this fixed quick before the gaskets in there allow a mixing of oil and water.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SSG VA BEACH
Sent you a pm where you at out there
just got it now...ooopsy. i'm alllll the way down by nc in back bay in the middle of nowhere. i LOVE it!

Originally Posted by STROKIN'IT7.3
Hey guys and gals,

spring break starts today for me so i will be at home in NOVA. Since we have dialup at the house, its hard for me to check the site. I will try my hardest to be in here a few times in the coming week, but no promises lol. So if ya'll don't see me for a few days at a time, I apologize, its not by choice. Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather, I know i sure will. Take care
but puhleeeez call your cousin for me! ...i measured today, and in front i now 1/4" tread and 1/8" in back, plus the quarter-sized patch of missing rubber on the right rear.

the good news is that i am actually still legal height-wise. but screw legality, i'm still gonna ditch kitty and muffler when i get my stacks

it bothers me a lot that u can pass inspection with no muffler but later get ticketed. they should pick one. and stop harassing pungo folks. requiring police officers to issue 100 tickets/month is just ridiculous!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
lol but thats how va makes their moneys...lol

Old 03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User
just got it now...ooopsy. i'm alllll the way down by nc in back bay in the middle of nowhere. i LOVE it!
Well had to fix my own ride but it's been killer weather
Hope you got some of your stuff done, I want to come out and see your horses.

I think I may have fixed this water leak I have.

You can see the area and green on the bolts, should'nt they have put some type sealant on the threads when they changed the engine?

Anyway anything leaks out of my truck I'm a gone see it quick.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
well that depends which stuff we are talking about...lol...i need either a welder or an extension for the ratchet and a reeeeally big washer. my truck is so ghetto right now it's not even funny.

couldn't have asked for better as far as the weather though. unfortunately i skipped the whole tanning thing and just got one hell of a sunburn but who thinks of sunscreen in march?!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
well that depends which stuff we are talking about...lol...i need either a welder or an extension for the ratchet and a reeeeally big washer. my truck is so ghetto right now it's not even funny.
i have both depending on what your wanting to do with it...

Old 03-08-2009, 10:27 PM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User

couldn't have asked for better as far as the weather though. unfortunately i skipped the whole tanning thing and just got one hell of a sunburn but who thinks of sunscreen in march?!
I could of helped with the extensions if I had got out that way, had to go fix a gutter today also but I was on princess anne and thought of heading that way but it was late in the day, are you off of munden point road ?

Whats the washer for, the bumper bolts ? ...home depot will have one.

My truck is still leaking dam it I was hoping after taking off the filter and tightening the bolts that would work, I am afraid of cracking the waterneck.

I am going to drive to Minnesota next week and want this fixed.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
bummer... might have to look further up mate...

Old 03-08-2009, 10:36 PM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sparky83
bummer... might have to look further up mate...
Nah I think it is still coming from right there somewhere, bolts probably. I think they should have used a sealant on those. I am hoping not to have to drain the rad to seal them but don't know yet.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sparky83
i have both depending on what your wanting to do with it...
i need to rig up a new way to mount the spring mechanism for my door handle where it tore the sheet metal. i think either welding in a scrap and using the current bolt or else a new bolt and a huge washer to fill the space will work. maybe i should take some pictures, this is hard to explain lol

Originally Posted by SSG VA BEACH
I could of helped with the extensions if I had got out that way, had to go fix a gutter today also but I was on princess anne and thought of heading that way but it was late in the day, are you off of munden point road ?

Whats the washer for, the bumper bolts ? ...home depot will have one.

My truck is still leaking dam it I was hoping after taking off the filter and tightening the bolts that would work, I am afraid of cracking the waterneck.

I am going to drive to Minnesota next week and want this fixed.
not quite, you turn left right before the airport then a right at charity church and go til the road ends.

the bumper i may end up letting whoever does my tires...hate the thoughts of paying for a diy project but i think i lack the upper arm strength to do it alone. grrr.

stopped at pungo off road today to get their opinion on the tires i reeeally want....just hesitant to go somewhere that isn't cavalier now. but i am getting so excited for new tires...i'm waiting on you, will!!

so what's in minnesota...besides cold lol?!?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
pictures are definitely great when explaining things,,,

Quick Reply: Virginia Chapter March bs/chat all welcome!