Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diesel in coolant

Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
beer boy
Senior User
beer boy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
diesel in coolant

Fuel in coolant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a friend of mine just got a message to me that his truck is putting fuel into the coolant system. he says its a 2003 but he thinks its a 7.3l. i don't know yet because i haven't seen the truck and hes away. Ive left a message for him to get back to me with the Vin.

my question is, is there a known problem as to why the truck would do this, is there a problem around the injectors? someone has told him that he needs the heads done or that the injector tube is leaking.

like i said i haven't seen this truck yet. any help is appreciated.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
WH90
Senior User
WH90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
sounds like injector O rings, but not sure though

Old 02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Injector cups??

Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
maevans
Posting Guru
maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
Injector cups??
I had the same problem with fuel in the coolant, turned out to be a bad injector cup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.