Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Turbo question...

Old 02-22-2009, 12:34 PM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Quick Turbo question...

Hey guys,Im gonna remove my Wicked Wheel and re-install the stock wheel,my question is do I have to remove the drivers side valve cover if I was gonna do it without removing the turbo?Thx in advance....
Phil

Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.
When I installed my WW I did not remove the turbo. Or the valve cover, I only took off the CCV cover. I will tell you that you will have a very hard time trying to get the E-clip off the waste gate arm if you try to do it with the turbo in. I wasnt able to get it off, so I took the 2 8mm bolts(i think they are 8mm) out that hold the WG to the compressor housing and was able to work things around and get it off.
Hope this helps man.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Ok...cool,I read a thread somewhere that one member said he had to remove his drivers side valve cover to get the turbo housing off.Ive also thought about ordering an o-ring set from Guzzle and just remove the turbo and replace all the o-rings at the same time I put my stock comp. wheel back in,anyway,well see huh?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.
Yea, some people remove it, some dont. But I dont think you should have to if you have to right tools for it. It wouldnt hurt to replace the o-rings while you're at it, I did not bother with that, I was just very careful not to damage them, b/c i've got plans for a bigger turbo in the next couple of months. Hope it goes good man.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.
I pulled the turbo when I did my wicked wheel and replaced the rings. It wasn't too bad. I had help though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.