1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Some guys just stand out...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some guys just stand out...

First let me say that in writing this post it is not my intention to discount the contributions of anyone but it has occurred to me that some guys on here just stand out amongst the crowd. What I am trying to say is that when I scan down the '48-'60 forum every morning there are just some people on here that I have to stop and read for no other reason than then fact that it is their post. I admit this has a lot to do with their interests being similar to mine but it goes far beyond that.

Allow me to elaborate on this a bit... Take BobJ for example, he has contributed so much with his PhotoShop talents that it is hard not to notice him even if his choice of iron or what he does with it aren't nescessarilly the same as yours. Then there is keith56_cruz_cab. He doesn't post very often but when he does I just gotta look. I don't think anyone could argue that he is not a unique individual with a lot of talent. So far as I have seen he seems to rank as the undisputed king of the Darksiders. How about WALFORD'S 56 ? Now there is a guy who has more trucks that most any of us outside of junkyard owners. As a matter of fact he has so many that he has them stored on three seperate properties. Beyond that, he's a really unique guy. He is one of the members here I have actually met in person and had the pleasure of dealing with. He's top shelf in my book. Then there's the blue man, AX RACER, He's just chock full on information regarding a host of skills and general knowledge of the practical aspects of the products we are in love with. Let's not forget Penn Dick, who could ignore him with his unique sense of humor. And when you think he's all comedy and nothing else he comes off with a serious answer to a question posed in a thread. I don't want to sell short the contributions of others here by not including them but if I listed even just all the members I find to be of interest this post would be ten times as long.

Instead of me going on forever, I thought it might be interesting for others here to reply with members they find to be among those who stand out. I'm sure I'm missing out on more than a few that would be of particular interest to me for no other reason than they don't post much or haven't posted in a long time and I never noticed them as I have only been a member for about a year. Let's hear it for your favorites...

Later Folks...

OOOPS!!! How could I forget our resident Cave Man havi ? I wonder if he has GEICO ???

Old 02-21-2009, 10:57 AM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget NumberDummy he has helped out so many times. I agree there are alot of exceptionally talented guys on here that always seem ready to help. I hear rumor theres a girl on here that knows a thing or too also.

Without the help I've received on this board I would be no where near as road ready.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:55 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 53OlderThanMe
Don't forget NumberDummy he has helped out so many times. I agree there are alot of exceptionally talented guys on here that always seem ready to help. I hear rumor theres a girl on here that knows a thing or too also.

Without the help I've received on this board I would be no where near as road ready.

Yeah, you got the idea. I had to leave a few out, I didn't want to take all the obvious choices.

Keep it rolling folks...

Old 02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
bigblockfordman
Senior User
Ah yes......least we forget "cool julie"...she's been very helpfull to my son and I with our 51, as well as all the rest of the "knowledgable" or even "not so" folks on this site....it's just great to see and share this "passion/obsession" of ours with each other!

Doug

Old 02-21-2009, 12:14 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
<Elvis voice>
Than' you, Than' you very much.
</Elvis voice>

Old 02-21-2009, 12:29 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
I think it would be easier to do an "everyone but" list - it would be a much much shorter list.
And less likely to get you shot in a dark alley.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,183 Likes on 2,685 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
I think it would be easier to do an "everyone but" list - it would be a much much shorter list.
I see what you mean Dave, here's proof of Dicks humour and serious side. How can you not like the guy. Since I've been involved with this site it has given me alot of entertainment and couldn't find a bunch of nicer guys and gals to hang out with.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Also: Earl, and Jniolon. Lest we forget.

I still check out their sites from time to time.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Ah... Perfect... Se what I mean about you Dick?

I'm not too worried, I don't do dark alleys. I just don't have the time or the inclination for it.

Later Man...

Old 02-21-2009, 02:56 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I,ve been surfing this site for the past two or three years and I can tell you one thing there are some very talented builders on this site. There are allso a few which when you read there post you can tell they havn,t never turned a wench in their life. At this time I believe there are to many talented builders out there to be able to just point out a few without neglecting a lot of other very deserving builders. I,ve looked tru a lot of galleries that which I just wish I could do half of what I,m looking at. I kind of look at this site as a source of endless information.
It puts together a large group of people with similar interest which is old Ford Trucks, freely sharing what they know.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
1959CustomCab
New User
I am very new and everyone has been very helpful. Thanks

Old 02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,104 Likes on 819 Posts
I feel warm all over.
I know, I've used
this image before but took a
lot of work so I am going to
use it as much as possible.

Dave, I know what you mean. I've been on this board from the very beginning, going on I think 12 years, although my header says 2001. I've seen a lot of people come and go.

There hasn't been a time when I have run into a problem with one of my trucks that I haven't been able to either come here and do a search of the forum, or post a question, and it hasn't been answered in a short time. I currently frequent two other boards, the Ford Barn and the HAMB, and the Bonus Built site before it went away. This place and the Bonus Built site have always been friendly places to go and just converse. The Ford Barn is another, although at times you can get some cold responses from some of the old flathead cronies over there if you happen to ask a question that they think you should know the answer to. The HAMB, well, you better have your asbestos undies on when you post there. Although there's an equally number of knowledgeable and talented members there as here, they seem to be mostly hot tempered smart a$$es over there. I've never gotten anything but friendly, polite responses here. I've offered my opinion on a few controversial subjects that have been posted here but I've tried to be as helpful and respectful as possible.

I have also met a few members in person but the one that stands out is Dick, you really can't appreciate Dick until you meet. You will not be disappointed. I've also had the pleasure to meet in person Truckdog, Dumptrkr, Havi, Panelman, Chassisman, Rcav8or and a few others that I apologize for not being to remember right now. I have also conversed, via email, many other members, all a great bunch of guys.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Thanks Dave for the kind words. You are among a great number of folks I regard as top notch and nothing but good to say about you. I am sure I will have more trucks this year as many guys are selling and I am always buying something.
I bought a 56f100 in Georgia last weekend and drove it to my Florida ranch. Along the way met a guy at a rest area--and he paid me 600 bucks more than I paid....so it got sold off already. I am interested in a 56 coe and hope to see what it looks like.
Anyway...I have met so many of you guys and am amazed at how cool everyone is. Kevin Smith is a true best friend as I just bought a tow-dolly from him and he is a kind and generous friend. I hope to paint his 69 soon and pay him back for all his help.
I have no time for guys that are in it just for the money..and most here are great hotrodders. Rodney...lastchance56 is another great and generous man...and anyone who meets him will tell you the same. Penn Dick is really a last of his kind nice guy...and glad we are friends...hate to be on his bad side...LOL
Frank Cowan in Cocoa Beach is also a awesome guy and die-hard trucker. Truxx and Axracer are 2 I want to meet,as they are talented men.
Number Dummy has helped me so many times ---I think he should get the FTE award for 2008-2009.
I have met Bigwin,and he too is an awesome truck guy,but we just cannot see eye to eye...and I have given up trying to talk to him....but he adds alot to the FTE family anyway. Maybe 1 day,he will understand that as long as we all love these trucks --we cannot be all bad...I also want to say that Dave Boley is professional and does things the right way. I hope he will rewire my trucks and maybe get that off my to-do list.
All in ALL ---we are a bunch of truck lovers and that won't end anytime soon.....as for the HAMB---I belong,but not my cup of tee.
Bill

Old 02-21-2009, 06:29 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Thanks Dave for the kind words. You are among a great number of folks I regard as top notch and nothing but good to say about you. I am sure I will have more trucks this year as many guys are selling and I am always buying something.
I bought a 56f100 in Georgia last weekend and drove it to my Florida ranch. Along the way met a guy at a rest area--and he paid me 600 bucks more than I paid....so it got sold off already. I am interested in a 56 coe and hope to see what it looks like.
Anyway...I have met so many of you guys and am amazed at how cool everyone is. Kevin Smith is a true best friend as I just bought a tow-dolly from him and he is a kind and generous friend. I hope to paint his 69 soon and pay him back for all his help.
I have no time for guys that are in it just for the money..and most here are great hotrodders. Rodney...lastchance56 is another great and generous man...and anyone who meets him will tell you the same. Penn Dick is really a last of his kind nice guy...and glad we are friends...hate to be on his bad side...LOL
Frank Cowan in Cocoa Beach is also a awesome guy and die-hard trucker. Truxx and Axracer are 2 I want to meet,as they are talented men.
Number Dummy has helped me so many times ---I think he should get the FTE award for 2008-2009.
I have met Bigwin,and he too is an awesome truck guy,but we just cannot see eye to eye...and I have given up trying to talk to him....but he adds alot to the FTE family anyway. Maybe 1 day,he will understand that as long as we all love these trucks --we cannot be all bad...I also want to say that Dave Boley is professional and does things the right way. I hope he will rewire my trucks and maybe get that off my to-do list.
All in ALL ---we are a bunch of truck lovers and that won't end anytime soon.....as for the HAMB---I belong,but not my cup of tee.
Bill

I Don't know Bill I wouldn't trust that Boley guy, I know him personally. Seriously, thanks for the kind words. I was wondering when you would come back on the scope. Are you back up here now?

Later Man...

Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
I love getting to meet FTErs in person,
Bill, we will be racing in Toledo the end of July, won't be towing with Gracie tho.

Quick Reply: Some guys just stand out...