Notices

HID Lights (Real and Fake)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 08:50 PM
Boxter
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, there are pros and cons, but I want em. I am looking for a good set of HID Lights for my 2001 Ford Expedition. With my last vehicle, I got the first set of lights that came out (Cheater Blubs) and the were junk. I replaced them every 3 months or so. I was finally able to get a GREAT set from PIAA. However, PIAA does not make a set to fit the new Ford. And they were still the cheater blubs.
An additional problem that I noticed was that the lights were much dimmer than stock. I was able to over come that with the PIAA driving lights that I installed (there were alot of unhappy drivers on the road in TX when they saw that comming down the road).

I did find a converter kit on ebay for $450 (cheapest I have seen yet) that actually converts the stock blubs to the REAL HID lights. However, I would think that one drawback of the HID lights (real ones) is the heat. I am not sure but I would think that they are hot and might do damage to the housing (not a good thing).

What I would like to know; has anyone had any experiences with the HID light kits (real or cheater blubs)? I want to get atleast the same light output that I have now and would love to get that Blue Look of the HID lights (not the super white). Any links to things that you have specifically tried and real stories would be great.

Thanks Guys & Gals....

Old 08-31-2001, 06:44 AM
Chuck P.
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts