Sponsored by: DP Tuner

dp tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
kupaa
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp tuner

Does anyone know if Jody has different tunes available.My truck is going to Ford to get fixed,so i took out my chip and since i have it out i was thinking of sending it back.I read somewhere that he has an improved tune so it can down shift from 4th to 3rd.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question bro. Jody doesnt only have one tune. He has a multitude of tunes for different needs, occasions, and wants.

Stewart

Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does this help? Right from the DP website

Stock- this program is at no charge to you. It is a “stock” calibration. There will be no additional horsepower with this tune. Most use it for when they let some one borrow their truck and sudden inclement weather. We recommend that you start the truck up in stock and wait until your truck is fully warm before using the other hp programs.

Modified Stock- for those who modify the injectors or add Big Oil need this to prevent stalling when switching from higher horsepower levels back to stock.

No-Start- this program is no charge to you. It is used for a theft deterrent. It is advised that this program be placed in Position 0.

Hi-Idle- this program is very versatile. It can be used for faster warm ups in Winter, keeping the AC colder on hot days, running equipment such as a winch or welder. It also keeps the Cylinders from washing down. This is commonly known as “Wet Stacking”. There are choices of 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1800.

Decel tune- this is used instead of an expensive exhaust brake. It performs the same function by using the EBPV to slow the trucks down. Some transmission strategies are used for auto transmissions also.

Valet Speed limiter-this is used for setting a speed limiter for when friends family or employees borrow your truck who is not familiar with the performance of your truck.

20 hp tow- for towing total weight capacity exceeding 15k lbs. or more.

20hp tow Codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure)is relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal driving conditions

40 hp tow- for towing total weight capacity between 13 and 15k lbs.

40 hp tow Codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure)is relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal driving conditions

60 hp tow- for towing total weight capacity between 9 to 13k lbs.

60 hp tow Codes-Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure) is relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal driving conditions

60 hp Econo- Best used on the highway only for optimizing fuel economy

60 hp Econo Codes-same as above with 3 SES codes, p1211(icp<> desired, p1249(overboost) P0478(exhaust back pressure) preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. all of the codes listed ar efor sensor codes. If there was an isue with the sensor or the part itself the SES light will still be triggered. Â

80 hp tow- for towing total weight capacity between 5 and 9k lbs.

80 hp tow codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure)preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. all of the codes listed ar efor sensor codes. If there was an isue withth eseosr or teh part itself the SESÂ light will still be triggered.

80 hp Econo- used for Daily diving. Not recommended for towing. The shift strategies, fueling and other aspects of the tuning is different from the tow tunes. Peppier throttle response for in-town driving.

80 hp econo Codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure)preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. All of the codes listed are for sensor codes. If there was an issue with the sensor or the part itself the SESÂ light will still be triggered.

100 hp Performance- Recommended with stock injectors as a performance tune. For the 1994-1997 trucks with no modifications to the injectors, the hp gains will be maxed out at 100 hp.

100 hp Perfomance Codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure) preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. All of the codes listed are for sensor codes. If there was an issue with the sensor or the part itself the SESÂ light will still be triggered.

120 hp Race- recommended for a stock Super Duty as the highest hp level with stock injectors. To utilize the full potential of the tune it is highly recommended to make some modification to the Exhaust, intake, and fuel system. Can be used with OBS trucks with some exhaust modifications but it is highly recommended to modify the injectors, fuel system and adding an intercooler to see the full potential of program safely.

120 hp Race Codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure) preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. All of the codes listed are for sensor codes. If there was an issue with the sensor or the part itself the SESÂ light will still be triggered.

140hp Aggressive- this is play program with very aggressive fueling down low in the rpm range. You drive in it, but it will yield higher EGTs. Recommended for short term usage.

140 hp Aggressive Codes- Same as above but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure) preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. All of the codes listed are for sensor codes. If there was an issue with the sensor or the part itself the SESÂ light will still be triggered

140 hp Extreme-More power up top and less smoke then the 140 aggressive.

140 hp Extreme Codes-Same as above with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure)preset parameters in the PCM are relaxed so the SES light is not tripped under normal drving conditions. All of the codes listed are for sensor codes. If there was an issue with the sensor or the part itself the SESÂ light will still be triggered. Prolonged usage can wash down the cylinder walls. Not reccomended for long term use.

Drive- thru tune- Quiets the idle down so you dont have to turn the truck off when you pull up to drive ups. Driving thru camp grounds, or chatting with the person next to you with out having to shout. There may be some idle smoke while using this program. So that wet stacking does not occur it is recommended for only short term use just like lope idle.  Â

Low fuel-very low smoke for modified injectors.

Custom, Dyno, Pulling and Race tunes- for these tunes you must call Jody directly to discuss.

If you have installed an aftermarket transmission, injectors bigger then a stg 1, Dual High pressure oil pumps, run Nitrous, Propane or water meth systems you MUST have proper tuning for these after market parts and power adders or there could be catatrosphic engine or drivetrain failure.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 9 tunes on my DP-TUNER F-5. Get the tunes that you need and you should be good. Good post Jim.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 PM
kupaa
Posting Guru
Sorry guys,what i ment is that sometimes Jody make new tune that is not listed on his web site,just curious if he made new tunes for us.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

OK, yes he does. I have all new tunes. But you have to have live tuning to get the best tuning he has. He built my tunes while we were driving around. Don't get better then that. You might need to float your truck to get live tuning.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:56 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Give him a call. He may have something "in the oven"

Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
kupaa
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by miller_feed
OK, yes he does. I have all new tunes. But you have to have live tuning to get the best tuning he has. He built my tunes while we were driving around. Don't get better then that. You might need to float your truck to get live tuning.
I hope one day Jody and his family can get to Hawaii for vacation and set aside one day for live tuning,other than that i'll have to dream about how good my truck can run.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Originally Posted by kupaa
I hope one day Jody and his family can get to Hawaii for vacation and set aside one day for live tuning,other than that i'll have to dream about how good my truck can run.
Offer to let them stay for free at your house

Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Chris, I am sure they are up taking that trip, but there needs to be enough trucks there to make it worth while. Now, if you offer them a free trip, I am sure they will go, but don't forget about me for telling you this.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Sorry guys,what i ment is that sometimes Jody make new tune that is not listed on his web site,just curious if he made new tunes for us.
Ah! Ok, yeah, he does.

Your best bet is to call him up and ask him how his new tunes are versus the tunes you have.

Stewart

Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
kupaa
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by megawatt00
Offer to let them stay for free at your house
I talk to him awhile back,and offerd him to stay at our vacation house if he ever gets here.Hope he dident forget. Heres the house.Molokai HillTop Cottage & Condo

Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 PM
RAMPAGE_F350
Posting Guru
Does anyone know if Jody has different tunes available.My truck is going to Ford to get fixed,so i took out my chip and since i have it out i was thinking of sending it back.I read somewhere that he has an improved tune so it can down shift from 4th to 3rd.
Sounds like your talking about the decel tune. I have all my tunes with the decel tune. While slowing down, at 40mph my truck downshifts from OD to 3rd while keeping the tc locked and then unlocks the TC around 32-30mph.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
kupaa
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE_F350
Sounds like your talking about the decel tune. I have all my tunes with the decel tune. While slowing down, at 40mph my truck downshifts from OD to 3rd while keeping the tc locked and then unlocks the TC around 32-30mph.
Thats what i just emailed jody 5 min ago but wanted it to downshift throught all the gears and keep the converter locked to 20mph,if thats not to slow.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
I talk to him awhile back,and offerd him to stay at our vacation house if he ever gets here.Hope he dident forget. Heres the house.Molokai HillTop Cottage & Condo
The place is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: dp tuner