Notices

Diamond Tread Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 11:43 PM
FordRancher
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Tread Mudflaps

I was wondering if anybody had the diamond tread mudflaps, and if so what kind and how do they look. I've got a 2002 F-250 SC, SB, and was wondering how they would look. Mine is toreador red and I have to chrome tubular steps and wonder how the diamond tread would look with the steps. I wouldn't mind the plastic ones but I kinda like the solid red with the shiny stuff Also, are there any after market ones that fit good and are cheaper than the Ford ones. Thanks.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:28 AM
BMF2001
Junior User
Diamond Tread Mudflaps

FordRancher,

I purchased the Brite-Tread (Diamond Plate) mud flaps from Dee Zee truck accessories. I like the look so much I also got a diamond plate license plate frame and just ordered Dee Zee's Brite-Tread side bed caps (rails) and tailgate protector. All of Dee Zee's Brite-Tread products are powder-coated to ensure that new look for many years (quote from their catalog).

The mud flaps came perfectly square so I hade my neighbor cut them to resemble the standard mud flap shape and not look so bulky and goddy.

It all goes really good with my chrome wheels, chrome tubular side steps, bumbers, and Billet Grill.

Brett

2002 4x2 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Long Bed
4" Fabtech Suspension Lift
33" BF Goodrich All-Terrain Tires

Old 06-13-2002, 11:09 PM
BMF2001
Junior User
Diamond Tread Mudflaps

Nevermind,

I got the bed caps and tailgate protector the other day and quickly laid them on top of the factory ones to see how great they were going to look. I returned them the following day.

Unfortunately, they did not go very well (looks wise) with all the chrome and the diamond plate made it look too much like a work truck.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Brett

Old 06-23-2002, 12:22 AM
FordRancher
Senior User
Diamond Tread Mudflaps

Thanks for the reply. I still haven't gotten any mudflaps yet, haven't had much rain for a couple months. I was thinking about it the other day and thought the diamond tread would look pretty sharp on it. I was also thinking maybe getting just the black rubber ones with the Ford logo on them, them getting a small piece of diamond tread put on the bottom of them. I know a guy that put a lift on his so the mudflaps didn't work so he extended them with some diamond tread and it looked pretty good. I'd like to find something to not only keep the mud off the sides from the front tires, but to also keep the back tires from throwing gravel so bad. Pulling a trailer I usually end up with quite a little gravel in the bed. Of course I could probably solve that problem by slowing down, but that's not very easy with the V10 Anyways, thanks for the advice and letting me go on and on.

Old 06-26-2002, 12:01 AM
RBrendel
Posting Guru
Diamond Tread Mudflaps