General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Tragedy at home

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tragedy at home

I'm not entirely sure why I am writing this here, maybe just a way to release a little more, but my daughter was killed last Sunday in a car accident. She and one of her best friends were struck after it appears they missed a stop sign. The first impact was with a 97-03 Expedition - it spun them around and into an oncoming Escape that basically demolished the little Honda they were in. The second impact put the passenger's side rear corner of the vehicle into the back of the driver's seat. It's unbelievable to see. Both Ford drivers left the scene in ambulances but were released later that day with very minor injuries. Both my daughter and her friend were killed almost instantly.They were out to take one of my son's to a birthday party and had dropped him off when it appears she ran the stop sign. She was a super careful driver, so much so that we teased her about how timid she was in pulling out in front of oncoming vehicles. She wasn't prone to texting or talking on the phone and I am confident in saying that. She had only been driving on her full license for 2 months and it looks like she just didn't get that one mulligan most of us do when we are starting out. I'd prefer that this thread not become a "kids shouldn't drive until they are 20" thread, because I already feel bad enough. I thought she was doing very well driving and that I had taught her well. I've stood at the scene - and was actually called to the scene just minutes after it happened - and it truly seems to be a case of a little mistake becoming a major catastrophe. Three cars in the wrong place at the wrong time.I had the great blessing of having just had a conversation with her before she left and really telling her how much I love and trust her. How wonderful a child she is and how honored I was to be her father. We had around 1500 people come to the girls' memorial - they were both very special girls loved in the community for their kindness and attention to others. If you read this, please be careful on the road and please be sure to tell those you love how grateful you are for their presence in your life. I would be very sad if my last words to her hadn't been words of love.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a very tough thing when parents bury their children. Our deepest condolences to you and your family, and you are in our thoughts and prayers. May you cherish your fond memories of your daughter.

Jason

Old 02-14-2009, 10:00 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
May God bless you and your family.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:17 PM
fmc400
MSEE
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss; my thoughts and prayers go out to you, and the rest of your family.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Parents should never have to bury their children, Condolences can never lessen your loss. Celebrate your daughters life and honor her memory.............God bless.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am very sorry to hear this news. My prayers go out to you and your family. May you have strength in the tough days ahead...

Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My sincere and heartfelt prayers to you and your family. Only powers above us all can answer why...

Old 02-14-2009, 10:43 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Sorry to hear this.. My prayers go out to you and your family and also for her friend and family..

This is a tough thing to go through and hopefully posting it here will give you some peace..

Old 02-15-2009, 12:05 AM
twayneb
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
May God grant you comfort and peace in these dark days. My prayers are with both families.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:12 AM
mercman86
Elder User
Im verry sorry for your loss, you and your family will be in my prayers. Like the others said, just celebrate and cherish the memory of your daughter.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Gottaford
Elder User
I don't think there is any pain greater than when you loose a loved one. My prayers are with you.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:06 AM
flamebuster
Posting Guru
I am assitant chief on our volunteer fire dept. and have seen too many accidents that resulted in the loss of life. Children are the hardest to accept. My only way of understanding this is the lord has other plans for them, and it must be important to take them so quickly. I really hope he allows you comfort in your search for the answers to your questions and you find peace knowing that your daughter loved you very much. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. God bless.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I watched the pain my parents went through when my brother died and all I can say is I feel for you and wish there was someway the pain could be taken away from you.
Mine and my families thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:19 AM
mongo75
Postmaster
My deepest condolensces go out to you. I can not understand your pain, but I hope you can take some comfort in that God did have other plans for your daughter, and that she is in a much better place, where you will one day see her again. God Bless you and your family.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
As I read your post, my eyes filled with tears.

I know of your pain and your loss.
Parents are not supposed to bury their children.
Our children are supposed to grow up, and create a family of their own and continue the cycle of life, love and family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Quick Reply: Tragedy at home