Bronco II Ford Bronco II

What the diference if any?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
> I dont get it.... Oh well

It does not have much to do with the Y pipe.

Get under your B2, look at the driver's side and see if you think a header will fit there with the frame, steering shaft, and front drive shaft in the way. That is why when doing a true dual exhaust it is best to lift it 2" first.

You can get custom headers for a B2, James Duff use to sell them, but, if the same app. # is used for a 2x4 Ranger AND B2, most likely it is the wrong part. Plenty of topics on this if you search.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 AM
kernel-panic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen BII/Ranger 2.9 headers for both 2WD and 4WD - not sure if they were the Pacesetters or JBA or what. The differences are in the tube / collector / y-pipe routing, IIRC. Not saying that the 4WD ones aren't a tight fit, even the V-8 swap headers can be a pretty tight fit, even with a body lift, if I am not mistaken. One of the other differences on either is whether it's column shift or floor shift - the column shift linkage takes up the only space there is to route the tubes / collector / y-pipe on either 2WD or 4WD. IIRC, the driver's side header is a 'shorty' and the y-pipe to collector connection is the only tight spot.