1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

BIG Thanks to DP Tuner, John Wood, Robin, Cris & Lisa!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
BIG Thanks to DP Tuner, John Wood, Robin, Cris & Lisa!

Just wanted to publicly thank Jody & Diane, John Wood, Robin (PaysonPSD), Cris (Liftedgrocerygetter), and Lisa (Smokin) for the help this morning.

I was on my way to work on the freeway, just cruising along in overdrive in 80E on DP running 75mph, and I start to reallllly lose power. It's about 10* outside so I am immediately think my fuel is gelling up. I limp my truck on the freeway running 30mph! Get to work, and idle into the parking lot. Work was quick today, just 2 hrs, so I come back to the truck, and pull codes. I get the usual ICP, AIH stuff that I always do, and I also get a P 0732. Not good! That code is Gear two ratio error. UT OHHH. Tranny!

I first called Lisa, because I knew about her recent fuel problems, voicemail. Then I call Cris and she gets me the number for DP Tuner, thanks! Then I call DP.....voicemail. Then I call Robin, and with both of us talking thru the problem, I decide since I'm not getting the codes now, and it will run okay in stock mode, I takeoff driving home, 45 minute drive all freeway, no problems. I get ahold of Diane & Jody at DP just before I am home, and talk thru it with Jody....and he thinks because of the code I got it's a tranny problem, but suggests I call John Wood.

Not sure if you guys have ever talked with John Wood before, but he is INCREDIBLE. He knows these 4R100 transmissions inside & out like nobodys business! He tells me the code I got is probably from lack of fuel.....I am stumped. But he explains that when I started to lose power on the freeway.....by me totally romping on the throttle, and the fact that my fuel was either bad, or gelling...it threw that code. I was asking the tranny to do something outta the ordinary, but it is still fine! THANK GOD! I was already scared of the $5000 bill that I thought was coming lol.

So then Lisa calls back, and we talk and realize that our symptoms were pretty much exactly alike with fueling issues. I had already dumped a white DK bottle in the tank before leaving work, but she suggested I also get DK's Diesel 911 and use it. I changed out the fuel filter, added the 911 to the tank, and 50/50 in the fuel bowl and I am back in business! Big thanks to everyone....you all played a part in helping me and I really realllly apreciate it! Reps on the way when I can get you all!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Absoutly awesome Travis!! Another great example of the power of the friendship's here.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
8tsixt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travis, I didnt realize it gets that cold in Arizona. I sweat it when we get in to the 20's. Congrttas on getting her going again. Edit: I stood in Williams once and now remember it does get cold out there.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That was a big WOOO, glad you made it out of that one with just the fueling issues, reps to your great friends at FTE Travis...What a sucess story...

Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Good news, and kudos to all the helpful folks!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 PM
triskit16
Postmaster
Lots of fuel problems lately...glad it doesnt happen around here too often. Glad everything is fine and you dont have to fork out that $$$! Good lookin out ladies and gents!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Way to help out, everyone. This has been the most diesel gelling problems I can think of since logging into diesel forums - and that's going on 8 years now.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The ULSD is getting everyone this year.

BTW - The white DK says right on it that it has NO ANTIGELLING PROPERTIES. Or something close to that. It's to be used with the summer blend diesel. The best DK to use for antigelling is the grey bottle. This is what I run from fall to spring. The 911 is used for already gelled tanks/lines and works great for un-gelling a system.

Glad you're back in business!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Ryan- I think you're mixed up. I was looking the other day at the two... no mention of anything on the gray bottle, but a short blurb about something on the white bottle.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad you got it figured out Travis!

Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by strokersace
The ULSD is getting everyone this year.

BTW - The white DK says right on it that it has NO ANTIGELLING PROPERTIES. Or something close to that. It's to be used with the summer blend diesel. The best DK to use for antigelling is the grey bottle. This is what I run from fall to spring. The 911 is used for already gelled tanks/lines and works great for un-gelling a system.

Glad you're back in business!
Originally Posted by superduty4x4
Ryan- I think you're mixed up. I was looking the other day at the two... no mention of anything on the gray bottle, but a short blurb about something on the white bottle.

Yep.

White bottle:
http://www.powerservice.com/dfs/

Grey bottle:
http://www.powerservice.com/dk/

Anti-gel is in the white bottle...

Old 01-27-2009, 06:51 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep, I was completely wrong!!! Thanks for catching my screwup guys!

It's been a long day at work and my brain's fried!!

I guess that means I actually use them the opposite of what I posted above. White in winter, grey in summer.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
I starting to get a little scared. I'm gonna get a bottle of 911. Just in case...

Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
What JW said is why I always tell folks to check the code, clear it, fix any other problem, then see if it returns. Kudos to all that helped, and thanks for sharing.

That was really cool of JW to take the time to help you out. I would rep him, but......

Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hucka1a
I starting to get a little scared. I'm gonna get a bottle of 911. Just in case...
Better make it two. one bottle for the tank and half of one for the fuel bowl. .

About a month ago, I had to put me name on a waiting lists to reserve two bottles of 911 at Tractor Supply.

This year it's hard to find in the store's around here.

Quick Reply: BIG Thanks to DP Tuner, John Wood, Robin, Cris & Lisa!