Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Got my MBRP S6200AL today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
bcg
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Got my MBRP S6200AL today!

Woo-hoo! First thing tomorrow I head over to the shop so I can use a lift and get it in. Now I have to decide what to do next, gauges or a valve body?

My wife says the house reeks of testosterone...

Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM
jrf250
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to FTE!!! I see that You have a bad case of pms that tylenol can't cure.
Welcome to the dark side. Comgrads on the exhaust. I think I would de gauges next so that You can see if any thing changes as You mod.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
bcg
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Took it over to the shop this morning and helped with the install. Really pretty easy if you have a lift... It took about an hour and a half total. I don't think the truck really sounds different, maybe a slightly lower pitch, and while I could feel the performance improvement when I put in the 6637, there's not really a noticeable SOTP improvement in performance unless you watch the speedo when accelerating and notice that it's doing it faster than it was before. What I have really noticed though is an improvement in mileage. I filled up just after installing it and where I had been getting 12 - 13 in the city (4x4 and all, you know) I know that I'm getting at least 14 now. I drove 100 miles today and the needle is still pegged on full. It takes about 7 gallons to top it off after filling and before the needle would start dropping around 70 - 80 miles into the tank.

I had a little piece of 4" pipe left over from cutting the mid pipe down to make it fit so next I'll do the CCV, then I guess gauges. Just need another $300 to spend...

Oh, on the install, for anyone that's going to do this themselves (and it's completely doable), I'd suggest installing the downpipe and the first piece of exhast pipe first (not tight, just put together) and then work from the back forward so you can see just how much you're going to need to cut off the mid pipe. Also, take of the right rear shock during installation and you can remove the last piece of the stock exhaust without having to cut it. In fact, the only cut we made was in the stock downpipe so as to not have to take parts off the truck. None of the parts are really heavy when you take the clamps off and break the exhaust down.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:50 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice job with the install. Guages next is a good choice.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have about 6" of the exhaust left, cut it in half and use one for the CCV, the other for the 6637...

And I say gauges too...