X-Plan vs. Employee Pricing Plus?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 AM
kkester
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Plan vs. Employee Pricing Plus?

Is there any price difference between X-plan and the current Ford Employee Pricing Plus promotion?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,040 Likes on 4,148 Posts
Indeed there is...X-Plan is just about invoice. Employee Purchase Plan is invoice less hold back...less advertising. It is a much better deal.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
kkester
Junior User
Interesting that the new promotion would be better than X-plan.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
BIGKEN
The X-Plan is a decent deal on popular vehicles that the dealer doesn't want to negotiate on. The truth of the matter is that most any dealer will sell a vehicle at or below invoice if they have it on their lot.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So this current employee pricing really is an A plan price?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
BIGKEN
Essentially...yes.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Deluxe05
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Per the Ford Partner website, here is the X-Plan pricing formula details:

Pricing Formula
  • X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.
X-Plan
  • Ford/Mercury
    • Dealer Invoice - 0.4% of Invoice + $75 Administration Fee (see sample invoice)
  • Lincoln
    • Dealer Invoice + 0.6% of Invoice + $75 Administration Fee (see sample invoice)
  • Volvo
    • AZ-Plan + 2% of AZ-Plan

The other nice part about X-Plan--where better alternatives are not available--is that it provides an easy way to get near invoice price on a vehicle without having to spend time at the negotiating table. (Assuming that the vehicle is considered "in stock" & the dealership accepts the X-Plan price.)

Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used X plan on an '05 F350 and I was surprised that dealer came down to within something like $400 of the Xplan price, so it only saved me that much but the no hassle was definitely worth it.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
We used the X plan on the '08 and saved $10k from the MSRP.
I called Ford Customer Service and asked for a PIN.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
davidduck
Freshman User
Originally Posted by shorebird
We used the X plan on the '08 and saved $10k from the MSRP.
I called Ford Customer Service and asked for a PIN.
Sounds good Shorebird... but what was the MSRP on that? Trying to figure the % discount. Or how much below invoice did they go?

(I have to admit, btw that I dont really know what this X-pin thing is about... but I've requested one on the thread anyway!)

Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by davidduck
Sounds good Shorebird... but what was the MSRP on that? Trying to figure the % discount. Or how much below invoice did they go?

(I have to admit, btw that I dont really know what this X-pin thing is about... but I've requested one on the thread anyway!)
I'll throw in my 2 cents on this one since I've just purchased my second vehicle using the X-plan, and I helped my folks get a PIN so they could buy a couple months ago...

The PIN number is what you take to the Ford dealer when you want to buy a vehicle at the X-plan price. That number is assigned to you, and only you can use it. The dealer will verify it's yours, and if so, you get the X-plan price. Ford gives out a certain number of PINs to their employees to pass on to friends and family. If you don't use the PIN within a month or so, most likely the guy who gave it to you will cancel it so he can give it to someone else.

Also, Ford has a "partner" plan for folks who work for companies that do a lot of business with Ford. My employer buys a lot of vehicles from Ford, so I can get an X-plan PIN through the partner program.

When you use the X-plan, you get any of the available rebates that are on the car or truck at time of purchase. Those type of things vary by model and seem like they change pretty frequently, but the dealer should have all the latest incentives. I had no issue with getting all the rebates available and the dealership was real easy to work with.

What I like about the X-plan, is that you don't have to spend 3 hours of time going back and forth with the salesman, his boss, and the "big guy" in the tower (or whatever that little room above the showroom floor is called!), just to get a decent price on a car.

Ok, I've rambled enough...

Old 02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
davidduck
Freshman User
Thanks for the explanation Cowboy. In regards to invoice price... how do they handle the "advertising fees" and such?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by davidduck
Thanks for the explanation Cowboy. In regards to invoice price... how do they handle the "advertising fees" and such?
I'm not sure on that, I want to say that the advertising fees were on the invoice and added into the total, but I don't remember... the dealer wouldn't let me take a copy of the invoice.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Guapo XLT
New User
i got a couple x-plan pins i can give to anyone buying a new ford product. email me to get started (will need some info from you )

Old 04-20-2009, 01:14 PM
JawgaDawgFan
New User
I would like to get a pin...please email me to get in touch. email is humphrey3131@yahoo.com. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: X-Plan vs. Employee Pricing Plus?